Chapter Eleven

Bonnie woke up at seven a

Bonnie woke up at seven a.m. to her alarm, expecting to see Anna in bed, but she was nowhere to be found. The note she'd left before was gone, and Bonnie's messages were bare. Maybe something came up, she'd probably call her later, Bonnie thought. She went to school and immediately made her way to the cafeteria. It was packed with students helping prepare and create items for the founders parade. Bonnie sat at a table with Caroline, who showed her a reference picture of last year's float, which she did not want this year's float to look anything like. Caroline wanted a float that gave off the aesthetic of southern classic elegance, so that is what she would get. Bonnie tucked her hair behind her ear and had to bite her lip to stop an ear splitting grin from breaking out on her face as she remembered the other night.

"Okay, what's the deal?" Caroline asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, why have you had that dumb look on your face since you walked up? Spill."

Bonnie glared tempted to not tell her just for that comment, but she knew she couldn't resist. She looked around the cafeteria at the other students working, as if they would listen and hear her confession, and then looked back to Caroline. "I had sex last night."

Caroline gasped, her eyes going comically large. "Lesbian sex?"

Bonnie glared again, and Caroline cracked an apologetic smile.

"Okay, sorry." Caroline said. "I'm really happy for you." A moment passed. "How was it?"

Bonnie promptly shook her head. "We're not doing that."

Caroline laughed and then sighed. "At least someone's happy...you know this whole float is supposed to be about friends creating something together, but Elena isn't even here, and Matt and Tyler can't seem to get over their fight...I-I just don't like it." Bonnie pouted with sympathy, chaos was definitely not Caroline's favourite breeding ground.

After school, Bonnie called Anna a couple of times. When she didn't get a response, she got worried and sent her a message instead. Then she went to work. During her shift, she saw Elena sitting alone at a table. Bonnie was about to go say hello when she saw Stefan not too far away at the pool table, eyes trained on Elena. Something was going on. Her suspicions were proven when a woman walked into the restaurant and sat at Elena's table. Bonnie watched them for a moment curious, and then got back to work. When she looked back at them, the woman was leaving and Elena had tears in her eyes. Bonnie went over immediately, and Elena stood up when she saw her.

"What happened? Who was that?" Bonnie asked, pulling Elena into a hug as she cried silently. She nodded at Stefan over Elena's shoulder, she could handle this. Stefan nodded back and gave them space. When Elena was calm enough to talk, they both sat down. She told Bonnie that the woman was her birth mother, Isobel. Isobel threatened her. If Elena didn't give her a device that Jonathan Gilbert invented that she knew Damon had, she would start killing people Elena cared about. Bonnie promised she'd help before leaving Elena to Stefan's care.