《Chapter 12 》

Draco's POV:

The day had barely begun when I received an owl at breakfast. It was Father's eagle owl. He swooped through the open window in the great Hall and alighted on my shoulder. His sharp talons gave my shoulder a firm squeeze.

"Ey Malfoy, What's that your owl's got?"
Fynn Shrine asked, leaning over my shoulder. He spilled bread crumbs on my uniform. Father's owl snapped irritability at Fynn's nose and I laughed. "He's got your face." Fynn scowled and went back to eating his toast.

I pulled the leather tube off the owl's leg and opened the message. The parchment paper was scrawled with ink in my Father's neat handwriting.

Draco,

I am pleased to announce that your deepest desire will be granted tonight. Apparate to the Malfoy Manor at precisely midnight. Do not, I repeat do not, be late.

Burn this note.

I rolled my eyes. Father was always a stickler for appearances. Fynn tried to lean over my shoulder again and the eagle owl screeched in ignidation. It's wings hit me in the face as it flapped away. I coughed as feathers went in my mouth. "DUDE! You don't frikin read other people's private mail! You're as sharp as a marble if you think that's cool." I slammed my fist on the table in frustration.

"At least I don't walk around pouting for  Daddy every time something doesn't go my way." Fynn scoffed.

My breathing sped up and I saw red. "Don't you dare insult my father, you putrid pile of rat guts."

Fynn stood up. "Rat guts? Man if that's what I am to you, I guess I'll tell the Headmaster you'll be breaking curfew tonight."

I grit my teeth. "I wish to aquaint your facial features with a fundamental item used in building walls. Repeadedly."

Fynn smirked, egging me on. "Yeah? I don't think you're pretty face could handle my sucker punch."

I cracked my knuckles and Fynn turned on his heel. "Just forget it Malfoy. Why anyone would want to be friends with a loathsome git like you is incomprehensible."

My fist connected with his face as the great hall paused conversations and breakfast to watch. Fynn went sprawling, clutching his swollen nose. "You dimwit. I'll get you back for this." He groaned, muffled by his shirt sleeve.

I grinned menacingly. "I'd love to see you try."

"Boys! No fist fighting!" Professor McGonagall hurried over. "Sarah, get Madam Pomfrey." A Ravenclaw girl nodded and went to fetch her. "Now, now. Mr. Fynn, it's only a broken nose."

It was my turn to smirk. And a broken ego, I thought. Serves him right for reading personal messages.

I turned to leave but almost walked into the tall figure of Snape. "Mr. Malfoy. Fighting with our classmates are we?" I crossed my arms and flicked my blond hair. "It was more of a friendly debate." Snape's lip curled into a sneer.

"You can debate if your actions were stupid in detention." I blanched. "Sir?" Snape ignored me and returned to his seat.

I scowled, fixing my hair. Snape couldn't order me about forever. I, the rightful King of the Slytherin House, would become a Deatheater tonight. And when that happened, it was no more babysitters or orders from insolent teachers. Voldemort would assign me his most trusted task. I could feel it.

I just needed Voldemort's Mark to be an official representative of him, and then I  could strike fear into the hearts of other, lesser beings.

I walked out of the great hall and laughed darkly. "They have no idea who they are dealing with."

Lucius's POV:

I smoothed my tuxedo and checked my watch. Where was that public nuisance of a son? He had gotten into another fight in school today, despite the numerous warnings I had given him to control his temper...ugh.

Being a father had it's ups and downs, but the teenage phase was the most rebellious.

I had specifically told him midnight, and it was now five minutes till. Draco was nowhere to be seen. I tapped my snake-head cane impatiently.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Narcissa touched my arm in reassurance. "Don't worry Lucius. He'll come."

The hinges of the Malfoy Manor screamed in protest. I raised my sculpted eyebrow as Draco Malfoy strutted inside. "I see you finally decided to show up."

Draco shrugged and propped his feet up on the coffee table."Someone needed to be the pretty one."

"I'm standing right here." I dryly replied, and Draco smirked. Narcissa rolled her eyes. "Hush both of you. The Dark Lord will summon us shortly." She muttered something under her breath.

"Ahhh. Like Father like son. Nagini has informed me of your antics." A breathy voice echoed in the living room as the bookcase door in the wall slid aside. Startled, Draco leapt up.

I still resented giving the Dark Lord my own private study. He took my own escape from my stressful life of teenage drama. "Draco Malfoy. Step forward so I may see you properly."

Draco did as the Dark Lord ordered, stepping into the gloomy candlelight. I followed with Narcissa. The door clicked shut with a sickening crunch. "That's better. I am delighted that a man of your status has chosen to join me in my noble cause. Lucius, your wand please."

I hesitantly removed my wand from the top of my walking stick. "Good. Now hold your wand out over Draco's wrist and speak the incantation." My left hand slightly trembled as I spoke the necessary spell "Calvaria serpens tenebris nota."

If Draco was afraid, he hid it well. A dark line of magic slithered from my wand tip and encased his forearm in strange symbols. The symbols expanded and morphed, burning into his pale arm. He didn't even flinch as the spell completed, twisting into a leering skull and snake.

"Draco Serpentine Malfoy, welcome to my Cause. You will be an excellent aid in the glorious fight to restore pureblood Wizards and Witches to their rightful place. We will rule over muggles and wretched half-bloods. No one can escape our wrath or ruin."

The Dark Lord waved his wand and a silver mask encased Draco's fine features. My little boy was a Deatheater.

Hey everyone! If you liked this chapter, please don't forget to vote. ⭐⭐⭐
Thank you for all of your kindness and comments ❤