《Chapter 16》

Kaimyth's POV:

Tyler swiped at the open air in frustration as Snape and Lillian apparated to saftey. "You can't stop the Dark Lord." Tyler snarled. "Lillian Grindelwald will be the Dark Lord's greatest weapon in the history of Wizardkind." He barked, bearing his pointed fangs. Greyback apparated with a loud bang as Dumbledore started to form a capturing curse capsule.

He shrugged his thin shoulders as the spell remnants sparked blue and sputtered out. "There is more than one way to go out with a bang." Dumbledore exclaimed, and with a flick of his wrist he waved his wand, replacing the gaping hole in the Quiddich bleachers with new wood. "I expect the students will be in quite the tizzy. We should see about returning order."

I smoothed my immaculate silvery blond hair. "Albus, what about the werewolf problem? Surely Tyler Greyback must be caught for his crimes?" Dumbledore shrugged again as Syvia Drune sputtered in outrage. "We can't just let a criminal escape! He attempted abduction and possible murder on a Professor!"

I smiled wryly. "You were saying not one minute ago that all solutions have a problem were you not?" Syvia straightened her hibiscus flower again. "Hmph. That's not important. What's important is that there is a criminal loose!"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, and your point is? The world still goes on." Syvia ground her teeth.

Dumbledore chuckled into his beard at our banter. "I think it is worth noting that there is in fact a criminal on the loose, but we also have three schools to run and protect. And I do believe it is getting late. I fancy I will have roast beef for dinner..." Syvia regarded Dumbledore with a disgruntled look.

"Fine. But I want to see justice served, and that criminal Lillian Grindelwald locked up with Tyler Greyback." Syvia announced, stalking back to Hogwarts. Dumbledore's brows furrowed. "Lillian Grindelwald is not a criminal." I was inclined to agree with Dumbledore.

While Lillian had stolen my affection, I doubt she had stolen anything of material worth here at Hogwarts, nor done anything to warrant arrest.

I blinked in mild surprise as Dumbledore raised his wand over Syvia's forehead. "Obliviate!" Her eyes glazed over as the forgetting spell settled over her like stardust. Dumbledore could spell his fellow Witches and Wizards into obliviation at will, but Wood elves like myself were immune to the petty forgetting charm.

Syvia shook her head in confusion when she saw Dumbledore. "Where am I?" Dumbledore smiled warmly.

"You and King Kaimyth were discussing private plans for a remodeling of the parlor in your school. You asked his opinion on the drapes." Dumbledore shot me a meaningful glance and I inwardly sighed. "I thought the dove gray silk would look regal paired with the sunshine yellow cushions you found." An amused smirk twitched at the corners of my mouth.

Those were the exact words Syvia's husband, Rodriguez Malguel, had told her yesterday evening in the library. I had been in the library researching a fishy claim, which had indeed turned out to be true. Lillian was, in fact, a direct descendant of Gellert Grindelwald, and I had the documents to prove it...

Dumbledore led a rather dazed Syvia Drune back to Hogwarts. The great Hall was void of students, as Dumbledore informed the prefects that as a special treat, the rest of today's classes had been canceled.

"The werewolf attack," He explained to a rather exasperated Hufflepuff prefect, "Has rattled enough nerves without students needing to stress about academics at the moment."

The prefect had taken Syvia back to her anxious husband. Dumbledore turned on his heel and walked purposefully towards a large stone gargoyle. I glided beside him, noting the worry lines etched in his forehead.

He wanted to ask how I had known about Lillian's heritage.

Dumbledore was a man who didn't like secrets to be kept from him, but he had many of his own. "Earwax." The gargoyle leapt aside at the mention of the silly password. I paused to consider the dizzying spiral of stairs. "Well?" Dumbledore was getting impatient. "What are you waiting for?"

I placed a boot on the first stair and inhaled deeply. I was a King, and a King should not have a fear of heights. I kept my eyes fixed on a star on the ceiling, the only point in the staircase that was steady.

I released a concealed breath of relief as I finally reached the top, studying the office with my piercing blue eyes.

Dumbldore sank into the velvet armchair at his desk, and motioned for me to sit. I sneered. "I do not wish to overstay my welcome." I was still furious for allowing my weakness to show. Dumbledore steepled his fingers. "You are an intelligent elf. All I want to know is how you found out about Lillian's heritage."

I scoffed. "One does not simply 'find out,' Albus. It was through much exhausting interaction that I discovered the truth." I began to pace. "What I am about to divulge is for the protection of Lillian only." I ran a hand through my silver blond hair distractedly. "A week before I attended the Fall Ball, I decided to arrive in Britan early in order to pay a call on a close family member."

Dumbledore raised an eyebrow. "A close-" I glared imperiously at him before continuing. "A close family member by the name of Lucius Malfoy."

Albus wearily removed his spectacles. "Let me guess. Lucius is your long lost husband."

I started and almost tripped before drawing myself up to my impressive 6'5" height.

I clenched my jaw in irritation and sighed. "Lucius Malfoy is my half-brother, and what's more, he is married to Narcissa Black. They have a blond brat of their own." Dumbledore's eyes twinkled mischievously.

"I informed Lucius by owl before my arrival, and he seemed very keen to discuss something." I explained, my lithe muscles undulating as I paced the length of the room again. I recalled what Lucius had told me.

My half-brother Lucius Malfoy was a Deatheater. At the time the news had come as a bit of a shock, but I soon got over it. Lucius was always trying to prove himself one way or another.
Dumbledore had his suspicions about his involvement with the Dark Lord, but I would not betray my half-brother by confirming said suspicions.

Dumbledore interrupted again. "You said Lucius Malfoy was your half-brother? I am very curious as to how..." Albus trailed off as I glared at him again.

"Lucius is my half-brother, because my mother was a pureblood witch and my father was a Wood elf. Honestly, Lucius didn't get his good looks from mother." Albus stifled a bubble of laughter. I cleared my throat.

Here was where the story got tricky.

Lucius had told me about how proud he was that Draco was a new Deatheater, but Lucius had also mentioned the Dark Lord was very keen to obtain a new living weapon.

"Lucius told me of a rumor he heard. The rumor claimed there was a Lillian Grindelwald, heir of Gellert Grindelwald. Naturally I was curious, and after a long night of research I have discovered the documents to prove it."

Dumbledore leaned forward eagerly. "You mean to say, Kaimyth, that you have found proof?" I didn't like where this was going. If I revealed the papers I found, Lillian might be in even more danger.

I looked Dumbledore in the eye, piercing him with my sharp blue eyes.

"Yes and no. The document I found claimed there was a fire that destroyed the birth certificates and family tree. What I read was merely speculation, confirmed only by Tyler Greyback's demand for Lillian."  This was only partly true.

I had Lillian Rose Grindelwald's birth certificate and genealogy tree in my pocket.

》》》》》