Chapter 4

Once Y/N had reached home she immediatly started to research about adoption cases with adoptive parents with mental illness.

I need to know what to look for.

. . .

Y/n hadn't even realized that 2 hours had already skipped past. She streched and was about to get back to researching when someone started calling her.

"Artem? Is there something wrong?"
"No but I want you to help with the adoption procedures with Lily. If she insists on being with Ms. Lamber than we have to make sure she is fit for the adoption."
"Don't worry about that. I've already started."
"I assumed you would do that."
"Mr. Wing do you really think that I'm the right person for this?"
"Yes. You are competent as well as industrious."
"Thanks. I just hope that you will guide me."
"I will but I won't tell you the answers."

Y/N couldn't help but laugh.

"Of course you won't. Well, I'll try not to disappoint you."
"I see. Good luck then."

Time to get back to this.

. . .

Y/N was just about to enter Themis law firm when she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Y/N we are going straight to the orphanage today."
"Artem!"

Y/N quickly turned around; suprised and saw Artem beside his car.

"Let's go."

Y/N quickly noticed that he had his senior attorney badge on,so, it seemed that he was offically in charge of the adoption. Y/N did what she was told and suddenly let out a large yawn. She hadn't slept much due to information she was looking up all night. Artem noticed her yawning and how tired she looked and stopped the car.

"Um, Artem?"
"Wait here."
"...okay."

Y/N started to wonder where Artem had gone, when he came back with a cup of coffee and a brown paper bag and gave it to her. Y/N stared at him, confused.

"You won't be able to focus if you are tired."

Y/N continued staring at him.

"If you are still tired then you can sleep until we get to the orphange."
"Thanks Artem."

He is really sweet.

. . .

Once they had reached the orphange the director suddenly appeared.

"Today is a day for adoption, so, there is quite a few people around."
"We are here to see Lily."
"I see-"

The director's words were cut off by a child's cry. Artem and Y/N quickly rushed over, seeing a well-dressed couple beside Lily. They both seemed very patient with her. The couple noticed them coming over.

"Director? Can we talk privatly? Lily isn't willing to come."
"This is our legal consultant and his partner; you don't mind if they come along?"
"Not at all."
"Then let's go to my office, she is also there."

Wait... she? Sherry?

. . .

So it is Sherry.

"Director she isn't willing to go is she?"
"No. No matter what we say."
"I know Lily loves you, and we never wanted to do this...But since the incident you are unable to adopt her.", said the well-dressed woman.
"I understand... I'll talk to her."

Sherry was about to get up and leave but Artem put out a hand to stop her.

"Mr. Wing?", Sherry said, confused.
"Mr. Wing, what are you doing?", Y/N said also confused.