Chapter 6

1 week later

Artem came into the office early as usually, but instead of getting straight to work he went through the list of movies now showing. Artem unconsciously tapped his fingers on the desk as he read ‘Introduction to the Psychology of Love and Attraction’.

. . .

Rosa had just entered when she was bombarded by Kiki.

"Rosa! Look! Look!"

She ran towards her, her phone in her hand, extremely excited.

"New photos?"
"Yeah! Suits slay! Look at how handsome he looks!"
"These were taken for a new show or what?"

Artem noticed them and stopped to look.

"He is in a legal drama office romance!"
"That sounds interesting."
"You bet! See, same work, same mind. And you can support each other at work and home too! In the morning he could drive to your home with your favourite breakfast in hand and then go to work together. Then in the afternoon he could have lunch with you and solve your work problems. Come on, aren’t they awesome!"
"Well, it does sound really sweet and romantic. You could comfort each other and help each other but what if you don’t see everything eye-to-eye in work? Or don’t know how to handle something? I know it sounds confusing but there is really a lot to consider. And separating personal life and work is not only important but also professional."
"Yeah... My idol did go through that in the drama yesterday..."
"Also having half of yourself at work and the other half at romance is confusing. It’s just better to get he problem at it’s roots! Besides I’m-"
"Yeah, yeah, you’re married to work!"

They both laughed.

Behind them Artem sighed before he was going to but...

"Hey! The lawyer he plays really resembles Mr. Wing! If Mr. Wing had an office romance, who do you think will be his type?"
"I really don’t think we should talk about real people."
“Oh, come on it’s just hypothetically! Besides the ship wars are getting crazy!"
"Well, Artem got his doctorate at 25, right? So, she might be a doctor...", Rosa piped in.
"But most people get their doctorates at 30, so wouldn’t that be too old for him?"
"Hm... I don’t think he cares about age, it’s something more like compatibility, like someone strong and capable.... like Celestine."
"I don’t see someone like Celestine getting attracted to Artem..."
"Well, she probably has to be a high achiever then! Like no lower than an A- on an exam!"
Kiki coughed, turning her voice as deep as she could, "'I don’t date anyone who can’t ace a test'. That really sounds like something Mr. Wing would say!"
"Or someone like..."

Kiki suddenly jumped.

"I know! Or someone like Y/N! Besides isn’t she the smartest student in her business class? And she’s really young too!"
"I know right!"
"Wait... oh, no!", Kiki said.
"What?"
"Do you think Mr. Wing will fire me if I don’t pass the advancement exam?"
"I don’t think so..."

As Rosa comforted Kiki, Artem slipped past. Artem sat in his chair, rubbing his forehead, remembering what Rosa said and Kiki said.

Someone like Y/N...

He looked at the book, only feeling his headache get worse. He hesitated before picking it up.

Show her your true self, the sides of you that she has yet to know.

Does that day count?, he thought.

His mind drifted to the conversation he had with Celestine.

"Never have I thought that you’d be great with kids. Even when the word is out, no one actually believed it."
"I’m busy, I don’t have time for this."
"I’m just here to tell you- “