Chapter 8

Y/N was in Artem's apartment in a light hoodie which was twice her size. Artem glanced at his watch before looking back at her, smiling fondly.

“Shall we go?”
“Of course, Artem.”

Y/N walked towards Artem and gently held his hand. Artem smiled down at her and rubbed her thumb in soft, relaxing circles on her hand. They both walked outside of Artem’s apartment; continuing to hold hands. Artem held open his car door for her. Y/N wasn’t surprised when Artem asked her to go for a drive with him as a first date, but she couldn’t help be overly-cautious of her movements. After all it was their first date. Even Artem was nervous.

Artem drove and attempted making conversation with her, which he still had some difficulty on.

“Do you often go out for drives?”
“Hm... I can’t really.. I don’t have a driving licence. But I’m thinking about it.”
“I see.”
“Um... Artem?”
“Yes?”
“Where are exactly going?”
“You’ll find out.”

So he wants to keep it a surprise... of course he does.

“Okay.”
“You agreed so easily?”
“Well, you are obviously not going to tell me but if you want...”
“No. I mean...never mind.”
“So..What do you want to talk about?”
“I’m afraid I don’t have interesting topics to talk about.”
“Who said they have to be interesting?”

Artem glanced at Y/N.

“You are strange. Very.”
“Eyes on the road pretty boy.”, she said teasingly. As soon as she said the words ‘pretty boy’ Artem blushed and looked at the road hastily, avoiding eye contact.

After a moment of silence he said:

“You... you find me pretty?”
“Who doesn’t?”

Artem’s ears burned red and he coughed in his fist, trying to direct his attention somewhere else.

“I wouldn’t have thought you were this bold Y/N.”
“Get used to it. I have no intension of leaving you.”
“Neither do I.”

Y/N glanced at Artem this time, who was focused on the road. She leaned across and kissed his cheek. She was about to pull back when Artem grabbed her hand and placed it on the gear stick, his hand over her own.

“And you said I was getting bolder.”
“Y/N you... I can’t even tell you off.”
“Hm.”
“Y/N?”
“Yeah?”
“Can you sing for me?”
“Why?”
“I want to hear your voice.”

Y/N blushed at Artem’s words.

“Alright.”

. . .

“We are almost here.”

Y/N rubbed her eyes, waking up from her light sleep, looking around.

“So, this is where you wanted to take me?”
“Yes.”

The waves from the sea were coming in and out in a repetitive pattern onto the sand of the beach. The sun was behind it shining into their eyes. Y/N turned to Artem, smiling softly.

“Thank you Artem.”
“Y/N it’s only something I wanted to do with you. You don’t have to thank me.”

Y/N laughed softly. She felt much happier with Artem.

“Whatever you say master chef.”
“Master chef? What sort of title is that...”

Artem and Y/N walked to near the edge of the beach, holding hands. Artem set down a blanket and a basket.

“You need to eat something Y/N.”
“And you say that master chef is weird title for you.”
“Then I’m allowed to call you little chef if you keep calling me that.”

Y/N stared at Artem who contained laying out the food. He looked up a moment later to find her staring at him.

“What?”
“You really are getting bolder.”

Artem sighed and shook his head.

“Come on now. You barely ate anything for breakfast.”

Y/N sat next to Artem and did what she was told. Once she was finished eating Artem suddenly leaned towards her.

“Artem what-“

Artem brushed the corner of her bottom lip, making her blush.

“You can talk a lot sometimes despite your shy personality.”

Y/N looked up at him and suddenly grabbed his collar.

“What are-“

Y/N fiercely placed her lips on his, kissing him out of frustration and anger. Artem hesitated before placing his hands lightly on her waist. She pulled away from him, realising what she had just done.

“Um... sorry.”
“I quite liked it actually.”

Y/N blushed for what seemed like the millionth time.

“Artem... you are not helping.”
“Why not?”

Artem leaned closer to her, his nose brushing against hers.

“Artem...”

Y/N brushed his soft hair away from his pretty eyes, gently stroking his cheek. Artem placed his head onto her shoulder as they faced the sea before them.

“How long do you want to stay here?”
“Just a few more hours...please.”
“Alright.”

. . .

Artem dropped her back to her apartment after staying a few hours at the beach. Y/N had ended up sleeping again in his car while holding his hand.

“Thanks for today Artem.”
“It’s only something I wanted to do with you. That’s all.”
“Artem can I ask you a question?”
“Of course, go ahead.”
“Can I take you on a date next time?”

Artem smiled.

“Of course you can. I’ll look forward to it.”
“You won’t be disappointed...much.”

Artem laughed.

“I trust you Y/N.”
“Bad decision really. Well, good night.”
“Good night Y/N.”
“And... drive carefully, okay?”
“I understand.”

Artem placed a kiss on the top of her head.

"Take care of yourself."
"Hm."

Y/N walked away to her apartment, and then waved at Artem from her bedroom window, who waved back. Once he saw Y/N go back inside he left, his mind repeating the events from the day continously.