Back on track

Kevin's pov:

I wake up to the sounds of my alarm going off. I sigh. Can't this day just be over already?

I open my eyes to see that I wrapped my arms around Kim. I quickly pull them away. Why did I do that? What if she feels uncomfortable? I put out the alarm. I see that Kim is waking up. "Morning sunshine!" I say. She opens her eyes, a smile forms on her face. "Morning Kev!"

I get out of bed and get dressed. About 30 minutes were expected in the garage. I walk over to the guest room to wake up the Mclaren boys. "Morning Boys!" I shout. I get loud groans from both of them. "Time to get ur lazy asses out of bed." Lando opens his eyes. He suddenly smiles big and sits up straight. "Omg! It's race weekend." He shouts happily. Daniel starts laughing.

I can't bring myself to laugh. I'm just too nervous. Daniel sees I'm worried. "Hey man, what up?" I shrug my shoulders. "I'm just nervous. I don't want to mess up." He pats on the bed. I take place between the guys. "Why should you be worried? The team knows it's been a while. So even if you do mess up they won't be mad or disappointed." I nod. "I know.." "Then what's it?" Lando asks. I stay silent for a while.

Good question! I don't know what gets me so worried. "It's Kim isn't it?" Daniel asks. I nod. I think he's right. "Kim?" Lando asks. Right, he doesn't know yet. "Can I tell him?" Daniel asks. I nod. "Kevin likes Kim, you know more than just friends." I know look at lando to see his reaction. He starts smiling. "I knew it!"

"I just don't want to let her down you know? I'm scared shell be disappointed in me. It's her dream to be a Racing engineer. And if I mess up.." Daniel interrupts me. "Kevin! If there's one person who won't get disappointed in you it's Kim. Even if you crash in the first round shell be proud of you. Just cause she knows you tried you're best." Lando agrees. "He's right. She's your best friend."

"Daniel you asked Kim about you know.." He nods. "Yeah, she doesn't have a crush on someone." I sigh disappointedly. Who thought she would even like me. "Doesn't mean she doesn't like you! Maybe she's just scared to admit it." A little hope is found.

Then the door flies open. "Hurry up! Kevin, we need to leave." Kim shouts. The boys and I change looks. "What? Kim asks irritated. "Nothing, I'll be there in a sec!" She walks away. I turn my attention back to the boys. "I cuddled her last night in my sleep.." I let out. They both look shocked. "Wait you did what?" I sigh. "I woke up with my arms wrapped around her."

"What did she say?" Lando asks. "That's it, she said nothing.." There isn't much more time to talk since Kim shouts that we need to go. "I'm coming!" I say goodbye to the boys and walk up to Kim and Mick.

---
Kim's pov:

After Kevin left the room this morning I sprinted to the couch where Mick was sleeping. "Mick!" He woke up grumpy. "What!" I go lay down next to him. "It's about Kevin.." He looks at me curiously. "What about him?" I sigh. "He cuddled me in his sleep." Mick's eyes go wide. "Really!" He shouts. I poke him. "Not so loud." He laughs.

"Did he say why?" I shake my head. "I think it happens in his sleep." Mick nods. "How did you feel?" How did I feel? I thought about that for a while. "It made me feel safe. It was also pretty comfy." Mick smiles. "That's great." I look around wondering where he went.

"Imma go check on the others, you should get ready!" He nods. And I walk away. In front of the guestroom, I stop. I hear muffled voices coming out of the room. I can make it clear that Kevin is talking about a girl. I knew he didn't like me.

---

Kevin comes running toward me and Mick. "What took you so long?" Mick asks. Kevin just shrugs his shoulders. We walk to my car and get in. Normally Kevin always sits next to me, but today he joins Mick in the back. Weird...

We make our way to the Haas garage. Kevin and Mick both have a little chat with Gunther. While me and Jorn, Mick's racing engineer discuss strategies. And make some small changes. Not long after free practice 1 starts.

Kevin jumps in the car. I give him a thumbs-up both he ignores me. I shrug it off once again. Must be nervous.

Fp1 and Fp2 went pretty well for Kevin since he hasn't driven an f1 car since about two years ago. He ended 15th in both practices. Once he got out he walked up to me. A shy look on his face. "You're happy with my results?" Was he nervous I wouldn't be? I would even if he ended up being last.

"You did great!" I gave him a reassuring smile. He nodded and walked off. The rest of the day we didn't speak that much.
I decided to text Victoria, max sister.

"Hey girl!"

"Omg Heyy!
How are you?"

"I'm doing fine.
Was wondering if you wanted to go clubbing. I could use a hookup!"

"Sure babe! I'll pick you up at 9?"

"Yass! Look hot!"

"I always do!"

Once I arrived back at my hotel room I made some food. And sat in front of the tv. The events of today replaying themselves in my head. How could I be so stupid to think Kevin would like me, and who does he like?

After a while, I got ready for my night out. I picked out a sexy black dress. And hold it in front of me. Perfect! I then made my way to the bathroom. I undressed myself to take a shower. But then someone knocked on my door. I sighed. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked to the door.

---

Author's note:

Who could it be?

So excited for the next part!
I'm sure you'll love it.

Thnx for Al the support and lovely messages.

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment.