Broken

Kevin's pov:

Kim left the room. Tears started streaming down my face. 'I hate you..' That was all I could think of. I lost my best friend. I started panicking and let myself lean down against the wall. I just cried. I couldn't stop. I heard a soft knock on the door. I didn't react.

The door opened and I saw a worried Mick. He sat down next to me. When both sat there in silence. "Kevin? What happened" he whispered. I looked at him. "I messed up.." He looks confused. "What do you mean?" I sighed. I started telling him about the conversation from last night. About me hooking up with my ex. About my feelings toward Kim. I told him everything that happens since I returned to formula 1.

"You messed up," Mick said. I nodded. I knew, I just lost my best friend. "I'm disappointed. You hurt her." After saying that he left the room.

---

Daniel's pov:

After qualifying, a worried Mick ran down our pit box. He looked out of breath.

"Hey.." He interrupted me. "You, Lando. Now!" Lando and I looked at each other in confusion. What was going on? We decided it was best to follow him. We took place in one of the empathy offices.

Once Mick caught up on his breath again he started talking. "We have a problem, a really big problem!" He said. I looked worried. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Shouldn't Kim and Kevin be here too?" Lando added.

"You know, Kim and Kevin are the problems.." What the hell was going on. "They had a massive fight... Kim wanted a hookup..he went back to his ex... He loves her. She didn't want to hurt his feelings..he hurt hers..she hates her.." Mick told us all about what happened.

I just sat there mind blown. Lando was the first to speak. "He did mess up." I nodded. "Yes, although I don't think he meant it. She means a lot to him. I can't believe he confessed his feelings towards her.." Mick grinned slyly.

"What's so funny?" I asked seriously. "You know... Kim likes him too. Wanted that hookup to forget about him but didn't cause she couldn't break his heart." Wait, they both like each other? Lando and I shared looks.

"Alright, we need tot to fix this. They cant lose each other as friends. And Kevin needs to focus on the race tomorrow." The other boys nodded agreeing. "How?" Lando asked. Great question, I have no idea. I shrug my shoulders.

We've spent about an hour coming up with ideas but nothing seemed like a real plan. "I think we just need to talk to Kim. We heard Kevin's side of the story. But they have no idea how's she doing." Mick said. He's right.

---

Kim's pov:

I heard a loud knock on the door of my hotel room. I hoped it I wasn't Kevin. I opened the door to see three lads standing in front of me. Mick, Daniel, and Lando.

"Hey.." I whispered. We made our way to the living room. Mick and Lando both took place next to me on the couch. While Daniel took the love seat. "Why are you here?" I asked. They were all quiet for a while. By the looks on their faces, they must know what happened. "Kevin?" I asked them. They all nodded.

"How are you feeling?" Mick asked. I sighed. "I don't know, it's not that I'm mad. Although I am. But it's more the fact that I'm disappointed..." Lando pulled me in a hug. Tears started streaming down my face. "Shhh, it's okay!" Lando said. "Kim, Kevin told us about what happened.." Daniel says. I nod.

"Could you explain it to us again?" I took a deep breath. "Kevin came by to hang out. Once I told him about my plans to find a hookup he got really angry. Although he didn't explain why.  I did go clubbing with Vic. And yeah I met a nice guy. But I just couldn't, although I didn't know why he didn't want me to. I just felt like I would hurt him if I did. So I went home alone, and left him a text saying nothing happened." They're all listening intensely.

"This morning he ignored me. And messed up in qualifying. I got pissed and went to his room. He told me he hooked up with his ex. I tried to tell him nothing happened but he just wouldn't listen. He started blaming me. At one point I told him I hated him, and never wanted to see him again."

Daniel was the first to speak. "Kevin told us, he has feelings for you. A couple of days ago." I nodded. "Yeah, he told me. Although I have the same feelings I don't think it will work out. Where best friends, we were.." I let out a deep sigh.

"Although he messed up you still care about him don't you?" Lando asked. I nodded. He is right. Without Kevin, I feel empty. "Does he know you feel the same way?" I shook my head. "He doesn't." "Why don't you tell him?" Daniel asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't want to see him for a while.." The lads nodded understanding.

We said goodbye and I promised to text them later tonight.

---

I still didn't know what to do about the situation between Kevin and me. Tomorrow was race day. And I was Kevin's engineer. I could just not show up.

"Heyy Kimmie"
-Mick

"Heyy Mick!"

-Kim

"How are you feeling?"
-Daniel

"Horrible.."

-Kim

"Understanding, what are you going to do about tomorrow?"
-Lando

"I have no idea, I think I'll just call in sick.."

-Kim

"You think that's a good idea?"
-Lando

"I agree with Lando, Kevin needs you.."
-Daniel

"I know, but I just need some time."

-Kim

"I could ask my former engineer if he can replace you tomorrow?"
-Mick

"That would be nice, thank you!"

-Kim

"Just think about it again, and decide tomorrow."
-Daniel

"Thnx guys! Goodnight!"

I went to bed early that night. Still do not know what to do tomorrow. I wanted to be there to support my friends, but I just couldn't deal with Kevin at the moment.

---

Author's note:

I think where near the end of this story. Sorry!

About two more chapters.

Don't forget to leave a comment and vote!