You make me feel like home..

I didn't know what I was going to say.

"Kevin.."

His sobs start getting louder. I never heard him cry before. I needed to stay strong else I would be a crying mess.

"Kevin, just take a deep breath and focus on the race. You can push a little harder in the last sector. And try to watch out for track limits in turn 3."

I wanted to tell him so much more, tell him how I felt. Tell him I would forgive him. Tell him how much he means to me.
But at this moment focusing on race was important.

I didn't get an answer over the radio. "Kevin I know you can do this. Don't be afraid to disappoint us cause you won't. And even if you did disappoint the team just think about all the people who won't be."

I heard a lot of sighs on the other side.

"There are no other people.."

"There are. You got the boys. They might seem mad at you but believe me, they can't. They love you too much. They're all worried about you. And you also have me!"

"Thank you, let's try to get some points!"

I smiled that's how I wanted to hear him. I loved when he got all enthusiast.

"That's the spirit! Alright, the first car in front of you is Kimi. There's a gap of 0.9 seconds. Get him!"

It didn't take long before Kevin overtook the Alfaromeo of Kimi Raikkonen. Soon followed by Antonio and Lance. Bringing him in 15th position.

"Alright Kev, ur doing amazing! We still have 16 laps left. Let's focus on the next cars. Being Yuki and Seb."

With 12 more laps to go, Kevin took the car to 11th place. Overtaking 3 cars in the last four laps.

"Keep on pushing!"

He started his last lap. It didn't seem like he would be able to overtake Latifi. Gunther gave me a disappointed look.

"Don't worry boss, I promised id get him in the points today!"

"Alright ur in the last lap. Time to make the team proud. Only need to overtake Latifi to get into the points. Remember to push in the past sector."

" I don't think I can do it.."

"I know you can! Just believe in yourself. Make the person you care most about proud. Imagine their reactions once you get that points!"

Kevin did as I told him. He pushed in the last lap. He and Latifi were head to head while crossing the finish line.
No one knew who made it to 10th place.

"I'm sorry, I disappointed the team today. Great work guys!"

I sighed. I could hear the sadness in his voice. I hated to see my boy sad.
I looked to my side, next to me Gunther sat with his head in his hands. He looked disappointed. That's when I heard the news over the Fia radio. To the teams. Saying they got the results of the photo finish between Kevin and Latifi.

"We're glad to announce that the Haas of Kevin Magnussen was first to cross the finish line."

I looked up in shock. He did it!

"Kevin! The team can be proud of you. You just got us the first points of the season congrats. It's amazing to have such a great driver back. Also a big compliment to Kimberly, you were amazing over the radio."

Gunther spoke.

"Really?"

"You did it Kev!"

"We did it!"

I smiled. I won't let this one go is said to myself.
"You like him, don't you?"
Gunther asked me. I nodded. "Yeah, I think I do." He chuckled. "Then what are you still doing here, go to him!"

I stood up and took a sprint to where all the cars were parked. I spotted Daniel and Lando waving, I quickly waved back. I looked around to see if I could spot Kevin.
I couldn't see him and started to wonder if he already left. That's when suddenly someone wrapped their arms around me from behind. I turned around to see it was Kevin. I looked into his eyes. He had an insecure look on his face.

"Hey.." I smiled at him. "Heyy!" "I messed up didn't I?" He asked I nodded. But quickly pulled him in a hug. Resting my head on his shoulder. "A little yeah. But I forgive you." I whispered. He looked back at me. "Really?" "Of course! I can't imagine staying mad at you. I would miss you so much." He started smiling.

"You know what my mother always told me?" He nodded. "When you find the person who makes you feel at home. To never let them go." I smiled and looks into his eyes.

"I think I found that person." Before he could say anything I pressed my lips against his. It was a quick and soft kiss. But it felt amazing.

"I think you need to say sorry to the boys.." I pulled him with me towards Daniel, Lando, and Mick. Kevin looked nervous. I grabbed his hand entwining our fingers. I gave him a reassuring nod.

"I'm sorry guys.." He said quietly. They pulled him in a bro hug. "It's okay Kev!" "We can't be mad at you!" They all said. I stood there smiling. Before I realized I was pulled into the bro hug. I laughed. "What's so funny?" Mick asked. "Just happy, standing here with the people I love most."

---

Author's note:

I'm thinking I'm going to end it here.

I want to thank all of you for reading and for the amazing support I got while writing this story.

For my Dutch readers, don't worry I'm still working on Bankzitters fanfics. Got some good ones planned out!

And for all the f1 lovers don't worry either. I'm going to write a new story. About who? That's all up to you. Please let me know who's next?

Lots of love!