God's help

ZAYAN'S POV

The car-windows were covered with waterdrops and the only sound that could be heard was the raindrops hitting the glass window. It was a relaxing sound to listen to after getting out of the wedding hall that blasted loud Bollywood songs non stop.

The driver stopped at the red signal, I looked out of the car-windows admiring the rain at this late hour in the dark. I looked at the time and it was 11:30. My whole day got wasted on this pathetic wedding. Mr. Shabbir didn't want me or Hassan to leave and talked nonsense to us the whole day.

From the window, I could see a bus stop. One girl was sitting under the tagged roof with a colorful sharara engulfed in her cellphone looking completely out of place. I immediately recognized the girl. It was the girl that spilled the drink on me at the wedding. She was all alone in this dangerous part of the town. She didn't even seem to notice her surroundings. She was too busy with her cellphone. Someone could easily hurt her like this, and nobody would come and help her. Not that it was my problem, to begin with. She is not my problem. She will be fine I told myself repeatedly.

The signal turned green, and the driver drove away leaving the clumsy girl there all alone again. My heart was not able to rest one bit at the thought of it for some reason.

"Stop, when is the next bus coming?" I asked the driver as I pulled down the black screen separating me from him with my tv remote.

"Sir, this bus?" he asked pointing at the bus stop where she sat at.

"Yes" He looked confused, but he knew better than to question me.

"I don't know I can check the time for you", he said pulling out his phone.

"Sir, the bus will arrive in an hour, but the weather is bad so it can take more time too"

"Okay, wait for me here," I got out of the car and walked to the bus stop.

I stood right in front of her, but she still did not notice my presence. She wore both of her shiny black headphones wires in her ears.

I don't think I have ever seen someone more stupid than this. Does this woman not read the news? I stood there for a minute or two even coughed to get her attention, but the movie I guess she was watching was too interesting.

Having enough I took her one headphone wire out of her ear and when she looked up and saw me, she instantly got so startled that she jumped on her seat. I would laugh if I wasn't freezing and soaked in the rain. Meanwhile, this woman was sitting there all comfortable under the small bus stop roof with her big coat all warmed up.

"Come with me, I will drive you home"

"No, it's okay I am waiting for the bus. It will come any minute now", she said with her thick British accent again making her seem even more attractive than she already was. She looked down at her phone again ignoring me.

"it's not safe at this hour at night, and the bus won't come in an hour or maybe more. Just come with me."

If I knew I would be standing in the cold for this long, I wouldn't forget my coat in the car. Scratch that I wouldn't even bother to help her. I was nice for the first time in God knows how long, and I already regret it. It is always better to mind your own business.

"How would I know you are not a serial killer. I can't just jump in a car with strangers" So she does use her brain a bit after all.

"If I wanted to kill you I would have done it already. I promise I won't harm you just come, okay." My patience and kindness hung on a thin thread now.