Losing my job

ZAHRA'S POV 

I was watching some movies with absolutely no motivation to work. I didn't even want to come to work today, but I came and now I regret it. I tried to kill time while watching some dramas not having the energy to cycle back home.

I just wanted to sleep, even though I slept the whole day yesterday. I put my head on the table laying my head on my hands but a sudden call on my mac appeared.

Oh God, don't say he is back, please. The few days he wasn't here were so relaxing. I slept through the whole day in the office, and I did wake up full of guilt, but I couldn't seem to put my energy toward work no matter what. My emails were paling up, but I was not motivated to do anything about it. I let the guilt slowly take over my body bit by bit with every notification.

I also started to eat a lot of junk food again. I ate so much until my stomach clenched in pain with the amount of food I ate and in the guilt of eating so much food mixed with the fear of becoming fat I ended up fasting for two days or so. Seeing my flat stomach in the mirror was rewarding, but then the food looked so good.

I usually go to Sanna when I felt this way, but Sanna lived with another man now, and I didn't want to be the third wheel and disturb her newlywed life with my problems. No wonder parents cry so much when their daughters get married. They

Good the call on my mac ended. I can go to sleep again; I closed my eyes but then I heard the call again. The green button on the right side of my screen begged me to attend the call. I hesitantly pressed the button praying for him to update me about something and not to be present in the building.

"Where is my coffee, and why aren't you attending my calls?" I wanted to slam my head against the table, why did he have to be here.

"I am asking you something"

"I – I am coming now, bye," I said turning off the call so he couldn't ask me any more questions.

I took my computer and walked out of my cozy little comfort place to the big coffee machine with a smart screen attached to it. I slid through the options a bit startled by all the different versions of chocolate milk. I took the sugar-free black coffee that oddly matched his dark personality.

The warmness of the cup soothed my cold hands as I carefully walked with the coffee cup in my hand and my computer pressed to my waist with my elbow.

I knocked on the door having the intrusive thought of just slamming the fragile glass with my feet.

I carefully knocked on the door waiting for his response, and when I didn't hear anything, I hesitantly opened the door seeing him completely engulfed in his computer. His face was not flushed with a red tint and his fingers were not glued to his nose making loud sniffing sounds like last time. He seemed rather fine.

I put the coffee on his table.

"Anything else", please say no, please say no.

"Yes, sit down"

I tiredly sat down on the leather seat in front of him wanting this day to be over, a loud sigh left my mouth without my control.

"If you don't want this job then you know where the door is," he said still looking at his laptop.

"N-no I am just tired" I awkwardly laughed trying to lighten up the tense atmosphere this room was slowly engulfing in. It felt like someone was strangling the oxygen out of me in this room.

"Where is my schedule?"

I forgot to write that down. How am I supposed to tell him that? I looked down at my hands playing with the rings I bought from H&M yesterday.