Sorry

ZAYAN'S POV

I groggily sit down on the soft cloudy sofa in my living room while having the worst headache in my history of headaches. I am never doing drugs again.

The glass door smoothly opened with an angry-looking Hassan that came with a glass of water in one hand and a packet of aspirin in the other.

Without a word, I took the glass and gulped down the tablet with cold water that soothed my dry throat.

"How are you feeling?" he asked his eyes studying me, no I hate this side of him. The caring side managed to read me like an open book no matter how thick of a mask I put on my face.

"Fine" I quickly say.

"You have been taking way too many drugs lately, everything okay?" he asked his voice full of worry.

"I am fine for God's sakes!" I screamed maybe a bit too loudly, my voice echoing in the empty house.

Not satisfied with my answer he relaxed into the sofa putting his dirty feet on the coffee table in front of us, animal. It was his lucky day, I don't have the energy to correct him today.

"Is it the nightmares?"

I didn't answer, even if I lied, he could easily tell. Sometimes I hate this man so much.

"You should apologize to Zahra," he said to my shock. I abruptly turned my head towards him, and to my surprise, he was serious?

"Yeah, right," I said with clear sarcasm.

"You cut open that poor girl's lips"

"She slapped me first"

"And why did she slap you?"

"I just asked her to have sex with me in exchange for money" That sounded better in my brain, to be honest.

"In that case, you deserved the slap," he said grinning.

"She could have declined in a kinder manner"

"I have told you; she is not like the women you usually surround yourself with, other than professorial work don't expect anything from her"

Maybe he is right, maybe she is religious with stupid morals. No, she is the one to blame, she is the stupid one for declining easy-earned money.

The whole situation is so blurry in my mind even though it happened only a few hours ago.

No, I am not stingy with money, I am sure I offered her enough to live with ease at least for a month.

Suddenly the memory appeared, I offered her a million dollars. A fucking million, was I that stupid? My stoned self would throw away money like this, for a simple girl.

No, she is the stupid one. She would have to work the whole year to earn so much, and she could have it all in one night, but she declined.

She is dumb, stupid, brainless, did I forget to say dumb? A donkey is smarter than her. Even Hassan is smarter than her and that says a lot.

No, maybe Hassan is right, maybe she is religious, but one million! She refused so much money. I couldn't wrap my head around it. For people like her I know one million is a lot. 

She would have to work the whole year to earn so much, but she refused when she could have it all in one day. This is beyond my understanding; didn't she have economic problems too?

She is stupid, simply stupid with even more stupid morals even a million dollars not even in rupees, but fucking dollars couldn't break.

I didn't want her anyway, ugly bitch.