The party

ZAHRAS POV

I took a last look in the mirror. The silky cream-colored abaya was too big on me and extremely baggy. I took the matching silky belt and wrapped it around my waist, tying it in a bowtie in the back.

Okay, it looks better now, but the shape of my body, the little swell on my stomach, and my chest were all too visible for my liking. I covered my chest with my long hair, and that was good enough, I guess. I don't have time to change anyway; my Uber is coming soon. I put on my heels decorated with a ring full of rhinestones on the top and a golden clutch. Makeup-wise, I feel like I look like a clown; with golden eyeshadow and burgundy-colored lips.

Maybe I should change my lip - oh no, my Uber just arrived, I thought as my phone rang.

I immediately threw my ringing phone into the clutch along with my wallet, lip gloss, and some chewing gum. I took my coat in my arm as I went out the door and locked it after me. The phone in my clutch was still ringing, making my anxiety rise even further. I ran down the stairs, and a really fancy-looking car was in front of my house, to my surprise. It looked like the ones from my office, or did I just hit the jackpot with the Uber?

I took out my phone, and to my surprise, it was Hassan who was calling me, not my Uber. I looked at the passenger seat, and Hassan waved back at me, sitting on the driving seat, Zayan beside him.

I waved back, walking toward his car, trying to open his complicated car door but, as usual, I couldn't. Finally, his door opened up in that weird way where it jumped upwards.

"You can at least answer the call, Ms. Busy woman."

"Sorry, I was getting ready and stuff. I didn't know you were gonna pick me up; I ordered an Uber anyway."

"Zayan here said we should pick you up, and we were driving through your house anyway, so why not," Hassan said. I looked at my phone, and my Uber got canceled. Saved by the devils, I guess.

"Both of you, shut up," Zayan said, attending a call.

"Who is it?" Hassan whispered, starting the car as he sat beside him.

"Abbo."

Suddenly, he started to moan out of the blue.

"Zayan baby, faster," he said in between moans. My eyes widened in pure shock.

Zayan immediately slapped the back of his neck, but that didn't stop him. He just moaned even more loudly in a pitched voice, trying to mimic a woman.

"Zayan, I am gonna-"

Zayan immediately ended the call on the phone.

"I am gonna kill you. You heard me, and I am gonna feed your tongue to the enemies," Zayan said in all seriousness, but he just laughed a masculine, manly laugh compared to earlier when he literally sounded like a woman.

These two are so weird, but I couldn't help but laugh at Hassan's childish antics.

I met Zayan's eyes in the mirror, and he just gave me that strict, bossy look which made me straighten up and look straight without any expression. The corner of my lips still jumped up, without my control, and he was still staring at me for a good minute. The palms of my hands started to sweat because his gaze was so extremely intense.

I looked away, not able to handle it. I shouldn't have laughed. I am not their friend; I am an employee. Hassan can laugh and joke around, but I can't. I should know my place.

"Zahra, you go off first. I need to have a word with Hassan."

Did we already reach the hall? This quickly?