Chapter 5: Missing You... {Cole}

I couldn't stop thinking about her. My ex-girlfriend, Maddie. I've screwed up. She posts snaps of her new boyfriend going to beaches or carnivals, every time I check Instagram. Damn. If I listened to her or if we didn't argue constantly, it was my fault. Alcohol has damaged my mental health along with smoking. And I wish I could turn back time. Except that's never possible with human logic.

"Attention. We have reached London..." said the pilot through the sound microphone phone. I glanced at Spencer dabbling on his phone. He kept having his eye glued to it as if it was important.

"Dude, who are you texting?"

He looked at me as if I was a threat. Okay, that must be his new girlfriend. I'm not gonna say anything but smile at him.

"Nothing!" He kept refusing.

*****

Madison stepped out first with her luggage. I grabbed mine from my back as Spencer followed behind. It was only the three of us Dylans' with Roger around.

A black-stretched limo was parked in the middle of a road. Spencer fixed his tie as he rushed to open the door for Roger and I. Madison opened the trunk and shoved all of her belongings in.

Spencer did the rest of the work while I swung myself in the back of the limo. Roger came along and sat beside me. Madison was in the front and after Spencer was done arranging things, he drove further on.

Roger had his eyes stuck like a magnet. Okay. What is it this time?

"Remember Cole, tonight is your thing. CrossKnights will win millions. Your father's legacy will rise from the grave. Then everyone will see what you're made of..."

Madison didn't pay attention but had her ears plugged in. She also snapped pictures on her phone. Spencer's eyes were already glued to the road. Roger didn't continue with what he was saying. He knew what was up. I got to get my act together. Just get through this concert. Fly home for the love of God.

*****

Since the concert was this Friday. I didn't even bother to get out of my hotel. And I knew little British girls were waiting for me out in the hallway. Except for built security guards was blocking my doorway for any intruder to barge in. Lucky me, I got the hotel ALL to myself.

Man, being single isn't so bad after all. I don't know why I keep complaining. As I was in my white robe, Roger slide himself in. He folded his hands and examined the room.

"Cole. Tomorrow morning, you need to do your vocal training. On Wednesday, I'll order men to arrange the concert. Tickets have been already sent. The advertisement is big. On Thursday, just rehearse your songs. And Friday is the big one..."

I sighed. "Okay, sir..."

"You would need to sleep early. Because in the morning, you have to be there by eight. If Spencer isn't available, I'll find another driver..."

"But Roger. Spencer can't be my driver and bodyguard at the same time. Let him stick to one job than going all over the place?"

He nodded. "Very well then. I'll do my best to make everything perfect for you, Cole Dylan..."

He left immediately. Leaving me alone for once. Finally. He talked in fast motions that felt like a boxing match. Too many things to do. And I gotta do this to honor my Papa.

*****

"Mijo. Are you alright? Your voice sounds shaky?"

"Mama. Roger is putting a load on me already. Almost feels like a chore..."

She sighed. "It wasn't easy for your father. He had to deal with the same sh*t. Mijo, don't worry about Roger or anyone else. Just think about you singing tonight. You have me and your family cheering you on!"

I chuckled. "Thanks, Mama. I don't want to fail Dad..."

"You are not failing him! Listen to me, Mijo! You are not failing us!"

A breath of air flew out of my lungs. Mom continued on and on. Kept encouraging me with all of her might. And I liked that about her. She never gave up on me when I slowly went bad. I just need to hold myself together to NOT do alcohol. Or else, I'm f**ked.

"I'm missing you, Mama. I wished you came..." I said while looking at the glass window. City lights flashed in colors. Big Ben's tower could be seen from miles away. The beauty of London had never occurred to me before now.

"I'll talk to you later, I love you. Bye..." I said while hanging up the phone.

This isn't Los Angeles anymore. I'm in London, baby!