Chapter 14: My Little Secret {Angie}

I stared at Cole's message in the blue text bubble. Any words from my lips couldn't be ripped out. All I did was stare to the point of logging myself out of Instagram. I closed my laptop and placed it on the white nightstand. I rested on my mattress under the black bedsheets after I put my robe on my chair.

How did he figure out my last name since he doesn't know anything about me? I cannot discuss this with Henry because I beg to differ, he has a lot to comment on. Amy wouldn't quiet herself. No way in hell is I going to mention this to my other sisters and parents. All I have left are my friends because I trust them the most to keep secrets such as these.

*****

A little outing with their employers forced my parents to leave the house. The meeting about the engagement will be held in a couple of days with my grandparents from both sides coming to discuss it with Christine's family. For Heaven's sake: I'm in NO mood for waking up so early for them to arrive and snob the house, especially his three brothers.

I stepped out for a moment with Henry, driving into a café shop and texting two of my friends. It was time for Henry to go chat with friends at the nearby outdoor restaurant. Luna came inside and sat at the booth table in front of me.

The door swings open and the bell chimes above. A dark-skinned woman emerges. Her hair was styled in a short bob with bangs, which complemented her silky black dress. I welcomed her with open arms. She sat beside Luna and gives her a little hug.

Tia Averi. She's a shopaholic at best. Nothing more than coming from a family of great wealth. Tia looked at me with concern as I kept fidgeting with my phone to the point where what is there much to say than to lie to their faces?

"Girl, what's wrong?" Telling you the truth that may not come with positive reactions.

"I cannot lie to both of you," I said, "before I say this, please do not judge..."

"Just tell us what's wrong, I bet it's not bad or anything?" Tia said.

I pulled up the screenshot of Cole's message on my iPhone. Luna covers her mouth with the palms of her hands. Tia's mouth pops open as her eyes widened.

"You are in the enemy's territory. Angie, how did you and Dylan happen?!" Luna asked.

"We didn't happen, he somehow found me on Instagram!"

"Girl, you don't know what you are getting yourself into. Aren't both of your families like enemies?" Tia says, "please don't make a Romeo and Juliet out of this!"

"I'm not romantically INTERESTED in him!" I shot back.

"Then why do you have Cole in your inbox?!" Tia exclaimed.

Skepticism filled my eyes. "It came out of nowhere, I had no control of his intentions!" I said sarcastically.

"Are you two following each other?" Luna asked.

"No, because if we were, everyone would know in an instant!" knowingly worse, my parents would find out. I'd be dead. Furthermore, I went in depth on what exactly happened between me and Cole. Tia and Luna held in with many expressions they could throw at me.

"Your sister is the one who fused you and him? Amy is a crazy girl..." Tia said.

"Cole was nice in person?" Luna asks, "I never heard such compliments from the singer. He's always so private before and after his father's death."

I almost forgot to mention the fans running over me as well as crying so loud where Cole heard. I'm embarrassed to confess any of it but kept it short and simple.

"You better be careful, Angie because Cole has a big fanbase. Anyone could've easily spotted you at the concert. But you're a lucky b*tch," Tia expressed.

"Girls, what I'm saying is that I do not find Cole attractive any bit. I've been captivated by his intellect and I need more male friends than being friends with the same gender all the time!"

"You don't find Cole attractive?" Tia starts laughing, "his fans are all girls who are having wet dreams at three in the morning, and you say "I don't find Cole attractive" when you were the one who gazed at his billboard!"

She mocked my accent for a bit and Luna joined in to express more laughter.

"I beg your pardon? Cole is handsome in any way he presents himself. Can I not be friends with a man?"

"I disagree that a man and a woman can't be friends except as partners in work committees or anything related to that," Tia says, "what I'm saying, there will always be an attraction between two genders or the same."

"You're not wrong though but I never found any sort of attraction between me and Christine. He's like a brother to me. I barely have any male friends, you guys!"

"Because you're on Christine's leash all the time. Now, you two have an engagement that will upmost challenge your sexual compatibility and romantic one," Tia replied.

"But Angie, are you sure about your feelings for Christine? How do both of your families know if the marriage will last when a divorce could likely happen?" Luna questioned.

"My mum would not let that happen out of sight knowing that the love I have for Christine is purely platonic," I said, "if the wedding has to go on, it must. I have no power against the rules so I will obey even when I'm uncomfortable with such an arrangement..."

"Angie, just do not text Cole or even try. Delete that message so if Amy or worse, your mother finds out about this. You are toast when you have a wedding coming soon?!"

Tia was right. What am I doing with such foolishness? There's so much pressure upon my shoulders that I cannot breathe. My little secret is a hard way to keep from my family at most. However, I am dying to see a friendship between me and Cole.