Chapter 8: The Party {Angie}

"Are you with anyone?" I asked. Turning my head to gawk at each corner of the road, folks passed by minding their world. I was worried if any maggot with a camera came anywhere near to annoy us with more photos to the point of no privacy whatsoever.

"Apparently not. Mum and Dad are quite busy right now," Christine replied.

Angelina stepped back and disappeared once Henry stepped out of a café place. He fixes his golden cufflinks and adjusted his black collar. Christine grinned when Henry froze for a minute. He yelled his name and asked him many questions. Christine welcomed him with a handshake as Henry patted his back.

"Where do you want me to take you two?"

I glanced from behind seeing no sight of Angelina.

Where in the bloody hell did she run off to now?

"Angie, wasn't Angelina present with us?" Christine asked.

Henry's eyes widened from the mention of her name. "Angelina? She's come back after two years?"

"Apparently yes, Henry. She has but wandered off to somewhere. Particularly, there's some news you have to hear..."

I explained to him the whole story of Angelina's fiasco with that Dylan girl. Henry couldn't believe it. At the same time, there's a mix of sentiments from frustration to embarrassment.

"Did they see you?" he asked.

"No, only Angelina..."

He sighed, "Why did you meet her here?"

"She doesn't want to see our mother. Since America has influenced her, she's changed from the outside. There's no snatching her back to good ole' England..." I said, trying to rake my hair backward. "Mother shouldn't find out about any of this since our family hates the Dylans as you said..."

"The Dylans are quite problematic, aren't they?" Christine asked.

"They are..." Henry mumbled. "Angie, don't suck your teeth into their mess. Your family wants positivity of their own, not hooking into another that draws bad influence!"

"Henry, we should go, and probably Angelina will meet us later at the mansion tonight. If she decides to come..." Christine said.

*****

Henry stopped amid traffic. He kept glancing at the windshield while other cars were stitched together prolonged down from the road. Unraveling my scarf, I scruffled my thick hair. I've noticed Christine had watched.

"Oh Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!"

Slightly, I giggled from his comment.

"Angie, I will contact headliners to not get that story out. All of that was a misunderstanding right?" Henry asked.

"Yes, Angelina acted way out of control."

"But Henry, I don't think the Dylans would forgive the Andersons crossing their land. And it isn't an easy situation to forgive and forget," Christine said. "Why don't I talk to the ones involved?"

Henry laughed. "That is a death sentence for your prestige, Christine!"

"Can there be any other way to settle our differences without any violence involved?" I questioned.

Henry replies, "It was Angelina's undoing. Perhaps, I do the talking to save everyone's reputation. I heard Cole's concert starts on Friday. I'll find ways to contact him to refute any misconceptions. If that backfires, oh God help us all!"