Chapter 10: Sour Taste {Cole}

Spencer swung my door as it flapped sideways. Okay, I'm still not understanding what the hell happened between him and Mads'.

"What's wrong with you?"

He paced himself back and forth. Not saying a damn word. I rolled my eyes, I'm not even gonna ask.

I sighed. "I'm going to go train my precious vocals. Good luck with your whiny issues, Spence."

"Hermano, I'm sorry. I'll explain since you don't know half of the story..."

Like hell, I don't.

He sat on the edge of the bed. Leaning his back forward. He placed his flat cap on the white bed sheet. Spencer didn't look as joyful as he usually is. Mostly, he's in a good mood. Not anymore.

"Those Andersons are greedy diablos. They've stolen half of Dad's money when Harry Anderson and he used to work together. Way back in the 90s when we were later born!"

I crossed my arms, "What else?"

"Since Dad was releasing new music. He signed new company record deals. Harry, that idiot, Dad worked with him so that he can have more money." Spencer said, "Both compromised. But since Dad made more money. That bastard stole half of our family's money because of it!"

I sighed: "Damn, I don't blame you and Mads for getting mad for that. Like it was a deal?"

He fumed: "Yes, and after all that hard work. He stole it for success!"

"This was almost twenty years ago?"

"Yep," Spencer said. "I hate them with a burning passion because of it. Just to warn ya, don't even date an Anderson. You'll look like a traitor to Dad. Not just him. Our entire family!"

Man. I'd have to do this whole digging myself. Curious to know who the Andersons are. Especially what Madison keeps spewing on and on about.

*****

Throughout the afternoon, I didn't hesitate or avoid my lazy a** to melt into each of the words in the lyrics. Housecleaning came and went. I refused to step out anywhere since this concert would become a huge milestone in my career.

Dad. If you were alive. I wouldn't have offered anything to CrossKnights. Nevertheless, what is there to give than a talent for singing?

At the end of the day, I know where I started and began. So, it's best to make it count this time.

My fingertips numbed every beat I jammed on the black electric guitar. From a few tries of well-worded mistakes. The song came out more naturally than I expected.

"There's something about the voice that makes me smile. Mi Amor, don't make me cry. Cause' I want you to tug me with all your might. And I don't wanna let you go. You are mi casa in everything thing you do. Please don't leave me straying away!"

After finishing the song, I kept glaring at the calendar. Okay, today's only a Tuesday. Damn it. Why can't Friday come already? Finish this song. Meet my fans. And go back to Malibu.

In place of that, I binge-watched any British sitcom on my plasma screen. A wife was arguing with her husband over problems. They were yelling back and forth with their kids are witnessing every bit of it all. I feel bad for them. It reminds me of my last relationship.

Maddie.

My Dad and I had a decent relationship most of the time. But when he died, I lost a part of myself. To the point of abusing myself with the substance of drugs to a near-death experience. God. I wish I have a magic wand to wipe those sour memories. Even those reckless behaviors drained in toxins affecting my relationship with Maddie, my family, and friends. I went through all that just a couple of months ago.

And yet now, in February 2012, nothing much has changed. Except, Maddie broke up with me and I accepted the deal with CrossKnights. I had some decent acquaintances with one of the musicians. Nothing too serious. Like, ever since making music around late Summer. Giving birth to multiple fans. I earned quick fame from then on. I'm guessing all of that rolled quicker since my Dad is one of the biggest musicians in Hollywood.

I've been in the industry for a while. Starred in a couple of commercials when I was a kid. And a sitcom that I rather not fish in any aspect of it. There's nothing so "special" about me. I appreciate little girls going nuts. Regardless of what Roger wanted to put in my head, I do not see "me" as any kind of recognition.

"Coley!"

I rolled my eyes as Madison stepped into the room. All I wanted to do was lock myself in this hotel and never step out till my concert. Why does she have to come at a bad time when I'm trying to RELAX?

As she pulled out her phone, Madison showed a video of her yanking that shoe from a woman. Almost a tug of war between these chicks. Madison's fat nail pointed at her.

"That's Angelina, I can tell how small she is!"

Mads and her conflict are petty and dumbfounded in any other way. But the girl pulling Angelina, I couldn't tell who she was since her black floppy hat is covering her eyes. It's just a damn shoe?

"It's going to ruin your reputation though..."

She scoffed. "When I fall, I admittedly will get back up. But what the hell are you doing here? Go out, see the Big Ben or something?!"

"Because I'm here to do this concert thing and leave. That's all so I can get away from all of this Anderson drama that I don't give a f**k about?"

She sighed. "I know Maddie pushed your buttons. But you didn't want a "serious" relationship. That hurt her which is making you all miserable in case, that was your fault. There are beautiful girls everywhere in London. Open your eyes and go date one!"

"Damn it, Mads. What if I will cause the same pain as Maddie, huh? It f**king hurts to think of her every day knowing that it was my FAULT for ruining a good relationship with her. My fault!"

"You should've thought sooner than waiting at the last minute," Madison said, leaving the room.

I heard her slam the door shut over our little heated argument. Grabbing the remote, I switched the TV off. My eyes traced a glass empty bottle on the wooden black table. As I held at the tip, I threw it against the wall which caused a loud BANG.

"AHHH!"

*****

Deep through the night, I stormed on the sidewalks away from the Queen-Size hotel. I wore a black trench coat to hide from the cold. Plugging in these white earbuds, I didn't play any "music" except just to pretend to cease any fan or person to leave me the F**K alone!

I've been taking a lot of walks and jogging for the past two hours since I ditched trying to walk into a bar where people would recognize me. F**k that.

Soon, I decided to go back to the hotel since I'm already missing "me" time. But I hope room service didn't get pissed since my little tantrum happened. Oh, well.

Through the revolving doors, a soft push moved my back forward in a rough position. I caught sight of a white girl with blonde hair watching me. Her face froze when I tried looking at her. With all of this eye contact, I sped away to avoid any embarrassing moments. Turning around, I looked for her. It was too late. She's already gone.

Who was she?