Chapter 5

Days went on just normally for Su Yue.

He would wake up early in the morning, just do the routines, go to work, practice piano, write music, and go to sleep.

Today, Su Yue woke up late. Didn't know what happened to the alarm clock, it didn't ring that day. Recently, Su Yue had been staying up late trying to finish his new song.

Work had also been hectic, and he didn't pay much attention to his sleep schedule. And that resulted in today's situation. Waking up late had its consequences, of course. The only good thing was that there was no Su Yu who would spit the insults right next to his ear early in the morning.

Su Yu just accepted a new drama offer, of course not because of his acting, but because of his popularity. As everyone knew, Su Yu was just a pretty vase in the entertainment circle. He had no real acting skills, but he would smile sweetly with two cute dimples on his face. That would hit his mother fans and girlfriend fans right in the heart. He survived to this day all because of his fans' power.

Although he had no acting skills, nowadays technology had become better so with a little editing, at least, the acting would look okay, not as unsightful as the original one.

Su Yu always had a big ambition. He wasn't contented with his current situaition.  Although he heard some people talk about his bad acting, he didn't take those to heart. After all, he was the young master of Su family, who would dare come and talk bad things to his face? At most, he would just pay more money to make the editing better. He never planned to hone his acting skills. He thought it would just waste his time, instead he would spend his time, currying favor, robbing his rivals' resources.

This drama offer was also something he robbed from other. Director Wang of this movie had a reputation for his dramas which won awards everytime, Best Drama World, Best Director Award, Best actor award, Best actress award. Box office was also promised to be very high, reaching almost billions. Actors and actresses acting in his movies, seniors or newcomers, they were certain to obtain benefits. They either became more popular or their acting skills improved, because Director Wang was so strict in his movie.

And all of these had nothing to do with Su Yue. He knew about Su Yu's situation, after listening to the servants' gossip. He just stayed up late at night, and in the morning, he still had to listen to other's gossip.

Today was the weekend. He didn't have work on this day. So, he was kinda free. He washed up and went inside his small, cramped room, with only a small bed, a cabine, and a small table.

Now, on this small table, manuscripts were stacked on top of each other. Although it looked messy, if you looked at it carefully, you would know that the owner had organized them neatly and stacked them together.

All of these messy papers were Su Yue's drafts. That day, the day he played piano at the bar, he had a sudden inspiration. Although it was fleeting, he wanted to catch it and made it a song. A song for himself.

All his previous songs were either incomplete or unsatisfactory. 'My Own World' was one of the few finished songs, and also one of his favourites. Now, he wanted to create a new song, dedicated for him and only himself. A pure, and gentle song, unsullied by the outside world's greed, not made for money or other things, but only for him alone.

Last night, he had finished almost two thirds of the song. Although it couldn't be said to be bad, it still didn't reach the level he originally aimed to. So, today, he decided to go out for a walk to brew his inspiration, as he didn't have any work and had already finished his today's works a long time ago.

Su Yue glanced at his watch. It read 3 p.m. He woke up late and didn't have lunch. So, he was a little hungry. He decided to grab some food from the stalls on the side of the road while walking.