Chapter 3: Dismantled

"No!" The female demon from the back yelled.

" Every time you run into a demon slayer hashira, The only thing on your mind is escape." You said.

" Oh no, that's not what I'm thinking!" There were tears forming in the female demons eyes now, as she spoke. "I'll put my own life on the line to fight for you!" She yelled as you look down at her.

"Are you refuting what we just said?" You hissed as her eyes widened, tears dripping out of her eyes.

A fleshy monster came from muzan's arm, and killed the demon, eating her. You paused, and turned to the demon next to the girl, who had blood covering half his body. He was quick to jump up and start running away.

"How foolish." You said turning to Muzan. "Should I get rid of him?"

He nodded, and you grinned. As the demon ran, the only thought on his mind was escape, and didn't notice the shadow coming from behind him. A spike ran through his neck, and his head was grabbed by a pair of hands.

"Eh?"

"Nii-sama believes the 12 demon moons would be better off consisting of just the upper ranks. We are now dismantling the lower ranks." You said, throwing the head on the ground before them. "Do you have any last words?" You say to the last two demons, lower 1, and 2.

"I can still be of use to you!" Lower 2 said looking up. "If you could just give me a short reprieve, I swear I'll be of use to you!" He said desperately.

"How long a reprieve are you asking for specifically?" Muzan said. "How do you intend to be useful? What exactly can you accomplish with your current skills?"

"Your blood!" The demon gasped out as your eye twitched. "If you could give me a share of your blood, I will acclimate without fail! I will fight for you, as an even more powerful demon!"

"Who are you to ask for our blood?!" You glared at him, causing the demon to gasp. "You're beyond shameless. Remember who you are."

"You misunderstood me! You misunderstood me!" The demon cried out in desperation. "I just-"

"Shut up." Muzan said, cutting the demon off. "We misunderstood nothing. I'm never mistaken about anything. I'm the ones who calls all the shots. My word is absolute."

"You have no right to reject what nii-sama has to say." You mutter. "Whatever we say is right, is the right thing."

"You tried to tell us what to do. You deserve to die." Muzan said. The demon looked terrified, frozen on the spot.

As blood dripped off the platform, the single demon in front of you, looked at his two masters rather calmly, with a red hue on his face. "And do you have any last words?" Muzan said to lower 1.

"Well, let's see..." the demon said opening his arms. "This is like a dream for me. To die by your hands in person, and I so enjoyed hearing the other demon's lasts gasps! I feel so blessed! Because I love to see others in despair and agony, because it's like a dream come true for me! I thank you for leaving me for last!" He said, bringing his hands together.

"Oh?" You mutter looking at the demon looking up at you and Muzan.

He was silent, and narrowed his eyes at lower 1 before a a fleshy creature stabbed into the demon's neck, causing the demon's eyes to roll back, and gasp out in pain as blood flowed into his neck.

He fell to the ground, rolling around in pain. "That's what I like to hear." Muzan said with a small smile. "I'm going to give you an ample share of my blood, although you might not be able to withstand the volume of blood and die."

"Still if you do manage to acclimate, you're sure to acquire greater strength. Make yourself useful to me then. Kill the demon slayer hashira, if you can kill the demon slayer wearing hanafuda like earrings, I'll give you even more of my blood." He said as the demon on the ground gasped out.

With the strum of a biwa, the infinity fortress began to move. Once you were alone with Muzan, you spoke.

"Nii-San." You said as he transformed back. "The demon slayer with hanafuda like earrings... is it..."

"No. It seems you have lost the sense of time." He said turning to you. "He's dead. However, he reminds me strongly of him." He said as you glanced at him.

"There won't be a need to worry about him Nii-San. I'll be the one to protect you this time."

"Of course my dear little brother. However, you cannot win against me. Every time we fought, it's been a draw." He said with a slight smirk.

"Little brother?! I'm only a few hours younger!" You shouted. "We're twins! I'm just born a bit later then you!" You said before sighing. "And? What now? Lower 1 is heading to that train. I don't think I can trust him to finish the job."

"Yes. We'll be doing research in the meantime. Let's go." He said. Following after him, you transformed into a little boy, looking similar to muzan's child form.

"Nakime." Muzan said as the strum of the Biwa was heard. A sliding door opened, and you followed after Muzan. It was currently night time, and the streets were quite busy.

"Where is this?" You asked as he looked up at the house in front of him.

"The place we will stay, and do research in." He said simply. Turns out, he got himself adopted by some human family. You followed him inside, and put on the act of a shy kid. Hiding behind your brother, you clenched onto his shirt as the woman spoke to muzan.

After a bit, you followed muzan into a room, filled with books. Letting go of his clothes, you sighed, noticing more humans in the living room.

"Muzan Nii, must we stay here?" you ask as said male nodded.

"Bare with it."

You sighed and stood next to muzan, watching silently as he flipped through the pages of a book. A few moments later, the balcony window opened. (Or was it some kind of door? i don't remember so its gonna be a window now-)

"I am here to report to you, Muzan-sama, Y/n-sama."