Chapter 5: Red light district

"EMERGENCY MEETING! EMERGENCY MEETING! CAW!" The crows screamed. Each crow delivered the message to the hashiras, and tanjiro was also asked to attend. As the hashiras gathered, a few kakushi's also watched from the side.

"Hello my dear children, is the sky blue?" As usual, kagaya said his usual greetings, and poke about a few minor problems before  getting to the main problem.

"And, now to the main point of this meeting." He said as the hashiras looked up. "The crow of a dead slayer brought us news. A new demon has been found."

"So what?" Sanemi said. "It's just another demon. We'll just kill it."

"This demon is not just any demon Sanemi. This new demon is said to be the brother to muzan, the demon king."

There a pause before tanjiro spoke. "B...Brother?"

"Yes. In other words, there is a second progenitor, Muzan's brother. And, we will not be able to win against him, if his brother is involved. We must slay them as fast as possible. You must be careful, we have already lost rengoku to upper moon 3. If you come across a demon with red slitted eyes with no kanji in its eyes, run. It does not matter. Your sacrifice will only be in vain."

"Yes! Oyakata-sama!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting down next to muzan, you waited patiently for Daki to arrive.

You knew that muzan was manipulating Daki to control gyutaro, and you had to play along as well, to make things easier. Waiting in the dark room silently, daki showed up after a few minutes.

"Muzan-sama! Y/n-sama!" She gasped and quickly kneeled on the ground when she spotted the two demons. You watched silently next to muzan as he spoke to the demon.

"How have you been doing? I can see that you've devoured scores of humans. You've gained even more power then before.That's a good thing."

"Yes!" Daki said, lowering herself, her head almost touching the floor.

"But you mustn't let your guard down." You said looking at the kneeling demon. "The more things goes your way, the more apt you are to get the rug pulled out from under you."

"Understood!"

"A skilled member of the demon slayer corps, a hashira could recognize us as demons right away. On the other hand, aside from those as capable as hashira, We cannot see any difference between humans at a glance. Although we can distinguish them by blood type, diseases and genes, things that humans have no knowledge of." Muzan said and stood up.

"Daki." You called to her as she looked up.

"Yes? Yes, Y/n-sama, Muzan-sama?"

"We have high hopes for you." Muzan said and walked over to her. Following after your brother, you walked behind her and ran your fingers through her hair

You spotted her face flush slightly red as You ran your fingers through her hair slightly, while your brother placed his hands on daki's face.

"No one is as beautiful as you, Nor as strong. You've disposed of 7 hashira's. You're going to become even more powerful from here on out."  He said as you began fixing daki's hair pieces

"You'll become cruel. You're an extraordinary demon" You said. "Oh daki, i do hope you complete your assignment, and not disappoint us. You can do it, right?" Wrapping your arms around her neck and leaning closer to her, you continued. "Right? There's no way you'll disappoint us. You're stronger than before after all..."

"Y-Yes! Y/n-sama! Muzan-sama!" She said as you let go of her, making your way next to your brother.

"Daki. There's a demon who slipped from our grasp." Muzan said. "Just like tamayo. Find her, and get rid of her. You're the only one we can turn to. She's a girl in clad kimono with a leaf pattern, and a checkered belt. Find her, and kill her."

"Yes!"

After daki left, you turned to Muzan. "The demon slayers are arriving."

"Y/n. I want you to stay here and observe the battle. No matter the outcome, do not interfere."

"Hm? Sure." You said and walked over to the window. "I'll see you later, Nii-san"

Timeskip cus Imma remind yall i aged daki up for this short scene-

As Muzan asked, you stayed and watched the battle between the demon slayers, and upper moon 6. It didn't disappoint you, that's for sure. Seeing that an uppermoon was killed, Muzan was sure to gather the other uppermoons for a meeting. It's going to be the first time in 113 years, that the upper moons have gathered.

When you got back to the infinity fortress, you found your brother doing yet another experiment. He held a test tube in his hands with some liquid inside.

"The results are as expected." You said shaking your head. "The upper moons have all gathered as well. Let's get going." Muzan didn't reply, but the space changed, and you were now behind Akaza.

Once the demons took notice, they got to their knees, becoming quiet, waiting for muzan to speak.

"Gyutaro is dead. The upper moons have waned."

"Oh is that so?" Douma said. "Well i'm really sorry about that! I was the one who introduced gyutaro here after all. How can i apologize to you? Will you gouge my eyeball out? Or will you-"

"We don't need your eyeball." You said in slight disgust.

"I figured gyutaro would lose. As i expected, daki was holding him back." Muzan continued. "Gyutaro would have won if he had been the one fighting to begin with. He could've just poisoned them from the beginning so they couldn't keep fighting... Well. It doesn't matter anymore. Worthless. He had too many humanity in him, so he lost. But that's fine too. We're not expecting anything from you guys."

"Oh, You're talking about the sad things again. Has there ever been a time when i've failed to live up to your expectations?" Douma said as your eyes narrowed.

"The ubuyashiki family has yet to be entombed. And what of the blue spider lily? Why can't we find it after hundreds of years? I... I don't really know why you guys exist anymore."

Glancing at muzan, he was obviously frustrated.

"Muzan-sama!" Gyokko yelled. "I'm not like them! I have some information that can get you one step closer to achieving your dreams! Just a moment ago-"

Faster than a blink of an eye, the demon's head was in muzan's hands. "The one thing we hate is change. in circumstances, changes in body, changes in emotion. In most cases, change is degradation. It is decline. The one thing we like is permanence. If something doesn't change for an eternity, it's in a perfect state."

"We're at the height of our displeasure because it's been 113 years since an upper moon was killed. Don't get all excited and give Nii-sama information if you haven't even confirmed it yet."

"From now on, you should serve us with more suicidal devotion. I seem to have spoiled you guys too much because of the mere fact that you're all upper moons. Gyokko. If you can confirm your information, head over there with hantengu." Muzan said returning to his research. As the door shut, leaving the upper moons alone. However, you hid in the shadows, watching them silently.

"Gyokko-dono!" Douma called and picked up the head. "WHat kind of information do you have, man? I'd like to go too! Can you tell me? As you can see-!"He was cut off by akaza, who had destroyed half of douma's head.

"Did Muzan-sama or Y/n-sama give you orders? Get lost."