Chapter 9: upper moon 1

"How dare you dice my little brother up! You're dead!

Ah. This scene is familiar. You remembers when the demon slayers first started appearing, one mananged to chop you up into pieces. Muzan was furious, cursing the human out, and torturing him in the worst way possible for 3 days and 2 nights union the human finally died.

Watching as they fought, you began feeling a bit faint. Yet another hashira joined the fight with kokushibo, and it was starting to not look so good. Eventually, the young mist pillar joined the fight, but was ultimately killed.

Only two of the four demon slayers survived. You had interrupted them when kokushibo began transforming. It wasn't a good sign, so you took grabbed him, and disappeared into your realm, managing to change him back to his original form.

But in your domain, you could see what was going on outside, and you couldn't help yourself but feel your heart clench at the sight of the wind pillar shedding tears over his dying brother.

What would... what would muzan's expression be if he had to watch you die? Dropping kokushibo off, you headed away from the infinity fortress. You still had to get... that thing.

As you disappeared from the fight, the battle continued on without delay. As the upper moons who survived rested and healed up, they quickly returned to battle, trying to buy time. The same with the hashira's.

It was like this on repeat, until Muzan left his protective flesh, and began killing the slayers around him, consuming them quickly.

And eventually he came face to face with the remaining hashira's, and tanjiro.

However, by now, you were only a bit over halfway to your destination. As the fight continued, you had to stop the voices in your head, stop yourself from following your instincts to turn back.

Only when you have the blue spider lily in your hand, and only then, will you return. After all, you have finally figured out it's location, right before kokushibo's fight started, you figured it out.

You breathed heavily, rushing back to the infinity fortress. The sun was coming up, and it seems like the battle would be over soon. When you got close to the infinity fortress though, you didn't see what you expected to see. The u finite fortress was gone, and your brother was out in the open, fighting the demon slayers.

As the sun came up, you jumped out of the shadows, surprising all the demon slayers there. They gripped their weapons, thinking that another enemy has arrived, but you simply ran past them. The upper moms were ordered to leave and find somewhere to avoid the sun by you, a few hours before.

"Nii-Sama!" You yelled, shocking the demon slayers more. This demon was the demon kings brother?!

"Muzan nii-san?!" You yelled as the sun began burning your skin. "Nii-San! Nii-San!" You cried as the demon slayers could only watch.

"Oi! Aniki! Didn't you say we would walk in the sun together?! Isn't that why you spread our kind even if you didn't want to?! Hey, nii-Chan!"

"What-?"

"Y/n..." you heard him mutter as you nodded and quickly used your blood demon art to create a small plate around the two of you to block the sun.

You grabbed a test tube from your sleeve and poured it into your brothers mouth. Muzan swallowed the liquid you gave him with no hesitation. Soon after , he winced light in pain before he began to regenerate.

"What was it y/n?" He asks as your body began to burn more, while muzan's body kept healing.

"The blue spider lily. I found it! I figured out the location and-" before you could finish your sentence, you cried out in pain. And quickly left Muzan to go into your domain.

"Nii-sama... are you proud of me?" Both demons and demon slayers could hear your voice.  Compared to moments before, it was quite weak.

"Yes. I am y/n." Muzan said as the sun rose into the sky. The shadowy plate disappeared, leaving Muzan out in the sun.

He truly was immortal now. The demon king was able to stand in the sun. "Y/n." He said as you hummed.

"After this, I'll make sure you can walk in the sun with me too. I promise."

"I know Aniki. Since you're always so kind to me... I know, you'll keep your promise."