16/∞

Liegth K
Courtyard
Soccer Field
––––––––––––––——

"Hey! Captain, look who it is!" A few boys yelled, getting the attention of Levi, who was currently speaking to a freshmen about his gameplay.

"Hold on- what do you want?" Levi turned around, annoyed at the students, to see Ash Laurier making his way across the field.

After the 2-day long rain, it finally stopped. Which was good because the Verona Division was arriving at noon, and the official game was tomorrow.

"Oh shit. He looks mad. Is he gonna kill us?" the group of 24 boys asked in turns. Everyone slowly grouped together, all except Levi who took a step forward to meet the serial killer in the middle of the field.

"Laurier." Levi nodded his head in acknowledgement as Ash stopped before him, towering 10 inches over the younger boy.

"Levi, right?" Ash wasn't threatening like he usually was, and he seemed more worried than anything, Levi noticed.

Levi nodded again, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked up at the older sophomore.

In Liegth K, you normally graduate highschool at 18 and enroll in college at 20. Which gives you two years to figure out what you want to do with your life once you leave the island. If you leave.

"I need to ask you something, about Light. It seems you're the closest to him here." Ash ran a hand through his hair, he was clearly worn out if it couldn't be shown by his expression.

"I am. But Light doesn't like people asking about him." Levi backed up a step so he didn't have to strain his neck to see the taller man.

"I just need to know- his brother. What happened between them?" Ash asked, watching as Levi silently directed the group of boys to continue their practice plays.

"I can't tell you that. There's only one person who has any right to share that story, and it's Light. If he didn't tell you, then he doesn't want you to know." Levi shook his head, turning back around to face Ash once more.

"But he told you?" Ash looked vaguely hurt by that notion but once Levi shook his head again, the expression cleared itself.

"I figured it out." Levi answered with his dead and disinterested voice.

"Fine. If you can't tell me what happened, can you at least tell me if he hurt him?" Ash moved slightly to stop Levi, who was starting to walk away.

"If you're asking questions about his brother, then you already know that answer." Levi stopped to look at Ash once more.

"Just tell me how he hurt him, verbally? Physically? Emotionally?" Ash asked, desperate for answers that Light wouldn't give him. Which is why he'd come to Levi.

"You've slept with him, right? So you've seen the scars." Levi shrugged, rolling his eyes.

So it was physically, Ash thought, but then realized what Levi had said and had to ask another question.
"Have you?"

"Seen the scars?" Levi responded before nodding.
"No, slept with him?" Ash was now defensive and a bit on edge.

"I'm 17." Levi squinted his eyes at the man as if trying to convey 'duh' with his expression.