Nightmares

Hello! Thank you for reading this story. Big disclaimer: I absolutely despise this book. Burn it please. Im only keeping it up because it was my first wattpad book. Don't waste your time. Please. Read something better. I warned you, this book is absolute garbage but thank you so much to the few who were able to make it to the ending. How you endured that torture I do not know.

Annabeth lay awake at 4... No, 3 a.m. she had just had a horrible night mare about... You know what... She curled into a ball and sobbed into her knees.

Annabeth would have usually gone to Percy for comfort but she had felt like such a burden to him recently so a few days ago she put her foot down. He would not have to comfort her anymore. She swore to herself she would not involve him into her mountains of trouble when he's already busy enough.

...

Percy's POV

I had been doing great! No nightmares about... You know where and Annabeth seemed to be having the same luck!! Maybe we could forget about that place for good.

I walk out of my room on the Argo two and I see everyone at breakfeast.

I go and sit in my usual seat to see annabeth not eating with bags under her eyes, she notices me staring and puts on a smile and stuffs a bite of pancakes into her mouth. I look suspicious and mouth to her
"Whats wrong?"
"Nothing" she mouths back, looking nonchalant. I scrunch my eyebrows together and decide to talk to her alone. I grab her hand and pull her to another room, the others look up so I just make up and excuse so they dont get suspicious.
"Sorry guys, gotta go ask annabeth why shes acting so weird." Shoot! Did I say that out loud? Dang it. "Umm bye!"
"Bye?" Piper called back.

Annabeth's POV

Oh crap, crap, crap... Percy knows ive been acting strange. Plan. Plan. Yikes what do I say. Umm.. In the great words of Rodrick Heffley (Percy forced the seven to watch the movies) deny, deny, deny.

Percy dragged me into my room, closed the door, and made direct eye contact with me. "Whats wrong?" He asked concern vivid in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying for innocent.

Percy sighed and grabbed my shoulders, "I know you, whats wrong?"

"Nothings wrong!" I yelled and moved out of his grip.

He sighed once again and put his hand on the door handle. "Im going to get Piper-"

"No!! No! I'll tell you! I swear!" I yelled and he removed his hand from the handle.

I groaned and flopped onto my bed face-first. I felt the bed shift so I assumed he had sat next to me.

I turned over so I was looking at the ceiling. "I'm just tired. I stayed up last night."

"Why?" He asked, eyebrows together. I sat up, avoiding eye contact.

"...Nightmare.." I admitted nervously.

He exhaled slowly and turned my face so I had to look at him. His face was a mix of concern and frustration.

"Why didn't you come to me Wise Girl?"

"Umm... I didn't want to bother you.." His face turned to shock and absurdity.

"Bother me?" He whispered. I nodded a bit and wiped a stray tear out of my eye. Stupid.  I thought. stop crying, idiot. Youre burdening him. Stop ruining everyone else's lives! I was about to apologize and run away but he pulled me into a hug. All previous thoughts were gone. "You could never bother me,  Wise Girl." I let out a breathy laugh and he pulled away.

"You sure?..." I asked nervously.

"Of course I'm sure! I love you and I'll always be there for you." We spent the rest of the day snuggling together while watching movies and eating Ice cream.

A/N: 582 words. This is my first book! Please do not judge! I know its short but I'll try to write longer ones! Thank you!
Disclaimer! All rights to rick riordian