Explaining

Piper's POV:

Annabeth and I were in the argo 2 library discussing the prophecy.

"An oath to keep with final breath' I've heard a lot of prophecies but this is one of the most confusing." Annabeth said, putting her head into her hands.

I knew it wasn't the best time but I had a question that had really been bothering me. "Annabeth?"

"What?" She mumbled from her hands.

"I... Was wondering. Why are you with Percy? No offense to him but I think you can do a lot better and I just don't know what you see in him." I said.

Annabeth's head shot up at this and she was looking at me with intense anger in her eyes. "How could you ever even-" She cut herself off to regain her composure. I was terrified. She had never been mad at me before. "I know a  lot of people wouldn't understand a child of posiden and a child of athena liking eachother. So I'm going to explain it the best I can.

"Everyone in my life has turned away from me. I was always the second choice." I must have looked confused because she carried on. "When I was a kid my dad remarried. I was quickly replaced by his new wife and new kids. After a few years of being unwanted and alone I ran away.

"After a few days I found a new family. Demigods. Luke and Thalia. Yes, Thalia Grace. We were together for a while but the Grover came and got us. He took us to camp but right at the border we were overrun by monsters. Thalia sacrificed herself and she... She died."

"Ummmm what? No-" i spoke up but she held her hand up indicating for me to stop.

"Zues took pity on her and turned her into a tree so she could protect the camp forever. For years I stayed at camp and trained. And Aphrodite must hate me because she doomed me to have a crush on the one guy it would never work out with. Luke. Twice my age. I stayed at camp begging to get a quest. Chiron finally told me someone special had to come to camp before I could go on one.

"Five years pass and that special someone finally gets there. Percy Jackson. We hated eachother at first but by the end of our first quest we were good friends, of course I already had a crush on him. Everything was going great... Until Luke revealed himself to be working with Kronos."

I let out a small gasp and she continued. "I was crushed. The last member of my family was gone. I felt like I couldn't trust anyone. I immediately closed up my feelings for Percy. I would not fall in love with him just for him to leave me like everyone else.

"The next summer was when we put the fleece on Thalia's tree. It worked too well. She came back to life and immediately left me. Again. She joined the hunters. I was sure. No more families. I couldn't trust anyone. Especially not Percy.

"I was doing a great job at this until she showed up. Rachel. Elizabeth. Dare." I looked at her, surprised. I had met Rachel and she seemed nice. "Thats when I broke Percy was about to do something very dangerous, alone. I kissed him wanting him to know before he died.

"He survived and we made it through the war. We had never talked about the kiss. But I had made a mistake. I let him in and he was sure to leave me. At the end of the war the gods offered him immortality." I was shocked. Percy, an olympian god? "But he turned around and looked at me and told them no." She grinned wide.

"He choose me first and that was the first time that had ever happened in my life. He is also Loyal, kind, strong, and dependable. I love him. I love him more than anything else in the entire world. He has been there for me when no one else has. And there is your answer."

(A/N) oh my goodness, I'm such a slow typer, this took me forever to write. Thank you for reading!!