S3 Chapter 3: How Did It Come To This?

When we pulled in through into Balbadd, Kouha was immediately transferred to Yamuraiha's office, where he was treated. Kouen seemed to be much more relived than before, and continuously thanked Alibaba over and over. But there was a problem... everyone was asking where Jafar was...

...

"Did you find Jafar? Where is he?" Serendine asked, pulling me away from the crowd of people coming to see what the commotion was. I chuckled sadly, staring down. "Oh... oh no. Don't tell me he's-" I shook my head, causing her to take pause. Her eyes filled with worry, and I didn't know if it was for me or Jafar. Maybe both.

"I found him." I started, and Seren's eyes widened in shock and happiness. "But..." I had to hold in a sob. "He tried to make me forget him. And I got mad... and I... I ruined everything. He's not with me right now. I'm horrible." Seren didn't speak for a moment, and I looked at her. My heart skipped in fear and shock. She was glaring at me, hands clenched.

"So you're telling me you got mad at him and left him!? Sin, what the fuck!? How could you do that to him!? Didn't you abandon him once!?" I cut her off right there, my jaw clenched, tears running down my cheeks.

"I never abandoned him!" I yelled. "I never wanted to leave! I was taken! It was all their fault!" Seren kept her glaring eyes. "He chose to mess with my memories! I-I overreacted, I know, I know, but still- you can't mess with someone's memories like that! It hurts, to know that your little brother didn't care enough about you anymore to even say hi after 4 years!" Seren stared down, and I could sense her anger.

"I can't believe you, Sinbad." I flinched, her voice oozing with anger. She gripped my jacket, forcing me to look her in the eyes. "Maybe if you weren't so stuck up and cocky about your own fucking worth, you'd actually listen to when others are talking! You found him, you've searched so hard for him, BUT YOU FUCKING LEFT HIM!" She threw me to the ground. "YOU LEFT THE PERSON YOU LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING!" I stared up at Seren, who was fusing. I'd admit... I was terrified of her right now. Anyone would be. I scooted away, and Seren didn't move in response. "I guess Jafar wasted his time in asking me to forgive you... because you really are just..." she sniffled, and I saw the tears starting to form in her eyes. "A self-centered bastard." Then, ending the conversation, she stomped off. I watched her back as she went away, and I felt my world shatter around me.

...

"Here!" Aiden handed Jafar a stuffed bear, as a replacement for the Vittel doll. Jafar took the bear and smiled sadly.

"Thanks... but Isn't this yours?" He questioned, and tried handing the bear back. Aiden chuckled, shaking his head, pushing Jafar's hand back to his chest.

"Not anymore, take it as an early Christmas present from your best friend!" Jafar chuckled, and started going through his backpack. He put the bear inside, right next to the still broken Vittel doll, and while he rummaged through his bag, he felt Aiden pull his hair back behind his ear. "You're really pretty with your hair back." He complimented, and Jafar hummed, seemingly no response to it.

"You think, huh? I've always liked my hair covering my face, makes it harder for workers to recognize me." Aiden frowned at that, running his hand up and down Jafar's arm.

"You're always worried about those PSI workers. You hate them... I mean, I guess I can understand why, but I don't get it." Jafar hummed, pushing Aiden's hand off of him.

"Sometimes the past is best left untold." He mumbled, pulling his bag back over his shoulders and standing up. Aiden followed suit, a confused and worried expression on his face.

"Are they the reason for all of your scars?" He asked, and he noticed the startled flinch in Jafar at the question. The latter frowned, looking down. Then, he smiled slightly.

"Do you know how the mind works?" He questioned back, turning to look at Aiden, who shook his head. Jafar's smile only widened as he closed his eyes. "Keep it that way." Aiden was still concerned, but decided to not pry further. All he knew of Jafar's past was that his brother left one day and never returned, which led to him being captured by PSI workers... how much Aiden hated Sinbad for that. He wrapped an arm around Jafar's shoulders.

"I bet I'll figure it out... one day." Jafar pushed his hand off of him, frowning.

"And I hope that day never comes."

...

I had been lectured multiple times today, yelled at many times, pushed many times. I deserved it all. I failed, and I couldn't uphold my promise. Would I ever see Jafar again?

I sat at Cassim's desk, the latter going to check on Kouha, who was in the other room. I heard he was doing much better, recovering even. That was good news, to everyone. Yet, I didn't have the courage to see him. It was my fault he was injured, my fault Jafar wasn't here, my fault everyone was angry with me. I gripped my hair, tugging on it, staring down at my feet. Tears clouded my vision. It was my fault. My fault, my fault, my fault... my mind recalled the night where I had almost taken my life, Serendine saving me, bringing me back to life that night.

They had given me hope again, and I let it all go.

Before I could think any further about my mistakes, I heard a voice over the radio. Odd, no one was supposed to be on these channels right now; none of the units were out. I listened carefully to what they were talking about, and recognized Kouen's voice...

"Is everything ready?"

"Yes, we're ready as soon as you are."

"Good, we'll be getting Kouha ready."

Pzzt. A channel change, they were talking to someone else now.

"Get Kouha. We're starting the operation."

"What about the two with him currently?"

"Take them out."

My eyes widened. I didn't even decide to listen if they continued their conversation, and ran to the room over, where Kouha was settled. I got to the door right as I heard two distinct gun shots. My pupils dilated... Cassim... Yamuraiha... It seemed like time was going in slow motion as I opened the door, the air taken from my lungs.

...

"We're supposed to be close." Jafar stated, looking at their map. Aiden hummed, walking a few paces in front of him. Jafar raised a brow at his attitude, but decided to not take mention of it. Aiden often had these bursts of attitude, and being with him for the past 3 years, definitely made it an often occurrence. Jafar was used to it.

"Hey... Can I ask you something?" Aiden suddenly asked, and Jafar mumbled a "sure" back. "Are we friends... or more?" The latter raised a brow, looking up from his map.

"I don't quite understand..."

"Well," Aiden stopped in his tracks, turning around to face Jafar. "We've been together for the past 3 years. And even before then... we were friends. I know I joke about us being best friends but, I don't know, I kinda just... wanna be more, you know?" Jafar blinked, visibly shocked at what he was hearing. You could practically see the gears working in his head, trying to figure out how to respond. "W-well... It's okay if you-"

"oo..." Aiden blinked, looking towards Jafar. The latter was looking down, clearly embarrassed. He was mumbling something, so to hear it, Aiden stepped closer to him. "I'm not sure... I'm not sure if I'm ready for it, but-" Aiden felt his heart sink, but he nodded.

"That's okay! That's completely okay! I understand, 100%!" Jafar smiled nervously, nodding back.

"O-Okay... let's just get to Balbadd..."

...

Balbadd was on fire.

I don't really know what to say here so..... yeah.
Aiden is an actual important character, kinda like Serendine, but he's NOT A LOVE INTEREST.
You saw/read just now that Jafar rejected him, saying, "I'm not sure if I'm ready for it," really just meaning that he's aware of how mentally unstable he is (<— will be explained in later chapters/aka backstory) and also that they're still young (Jafar being 14, Aiden being 15)
You can also pick up on how touchy Aiden is, and how Jafar brushes him off. He's also mentally unstable, and that will be further explored in later chapters as well.