Saved?

The last surviving Glader's ran through the Maze. They passed all of the sectors, Y/n counted them as she went past. She got bored after a while... so she decided to talk to Newt.

"So, disappointed it was me?" She asked playfully while running with him.

"A little, I'd much rather Teresa." He replied teasingly, making Y/n slap him playfully. "Seriously though, I couldn't be happier to have you as my sister."

"Aww... actually, compliments don't suit you." Y/n said, making Newt laugh.

The Gladers reached where Y/n, Minho and Thomas found the entrance to the Griever's home, but that couldn't go in because one of them was right at the end, blocking the way. So, they hide behind a wall,

"Is there a Griever?" Chuck asked. Thomas nodded. "Shit."

"You take this, Chuck. Stay behind us." Minho gave the boy the key.

"It's okay. Just stick with me." Teresa said to him reassuringly.

"Once we're through, it'll activate and the door will open. All right, we stay close, we stick together, we get through this." Thomas said firmly "We get out now, or did trying."

Y/n stared at him, this could possibly the last time their together... She pulled him in for a short kiss, but it meant everything.

"Don't die... okay?" She said. Thomas smiled and then put his game face on.

"All right... let's go!!"

Everyone ran around the corner, seeing the Griever. They pointed their sticks at the beast, impaling it momentarily, but the Griever kept going.

They tried to push it off the edge of the path down the side, ducking a few times as the tail swooped down, trying to claw them. Unfortunately, one person didn't make it and got flung over the edge.

The long metal legs of the Griever dug into the ground next to Teresa, making her slice the leg. But doing so, knocking the key out of Chuck's hand,

"They key!" He yelled and ran after it.

"Chuck! Watch the edge!" Teresa yelled to him.

Chuck caught it just as it rolled off the edge, his body dangling down dangerously. But it must have awoken one of the Griever's friends because another one began to climb towards him,

"Oh no." He muttered. Y/n grabbed him a tried to pull him up before the monster got him. "Pull me up! Pull me up!!"

"I've got you!" She yelled. As she saved him, the other Gladers pushed the Griever down, killing it. But, two more Griever's made their way up to them, chasing them.

"Thomas!!" Y/n and Chuck yelled, making him turn round to see what the hell was going on. As the Griever's attacked everyone, Y/n and Chuck slipped past and went to the opening.

The key clicked in Chuck's hand and the walls started lifting,

"Y/n go!!" Thomas yelled while jabbing his spear into the beast.

The two ran through the tunnel, not seeing anything until they reached the end, seeing a dead end.

"There's gotta be a way of opening it!!" Y/n cried, feeling around for any sort of button or lever. Chuck just stared back at all of his friends, some yelling in fear, some shouting in pain, some being thrown...

Suddenly a circle appeared in the wall, it looked high tech and digital. It was asking for a code...

"Thomas!!" She yelled, catching his attention "There's a code! 8 numbers!"