Chapter 11| Liar

"You're going away soon."

Han looks at me with glossy eyes and a sad expression as he swung on the park swing.

"Any day, at any hour, and at any minute.. "

I was so scared. Scared of the decision my creator was to make for me. Scared of leaving life.. But mostly scared of loosing Han.. Despite that fear, I had to face leaving this state of purgatory. A state of existing but not existing all at once to a state of true death. There was no beauty in this. No beauty in this sadness and fear I wore like clothes. Nothing was grand after this even if God or whoever ruled my universe was to send me to the heavens..
"Do you think I'll burn in flames?" I asked sitting motionless while looking to the playground of kids. They laughed and played carefree along with their parents who watched proudly. It reminded me of my childhood, mostly it reminded me of my mom. When we used to go out and spend time together. Just like these kids and their parents. The expressions and vibes were all the same. Before she became depressed and drunk herself to a forced early grave, it reminded me of those good times I took for granted.

Why am I thinking of all of this now?.. Guess my time is really soon..

"I don't think you will. I think you are meant to live along with the Angels; giving your thanks to the one who gave live it's name."
"You think so?"
"I know so.. That's why I am not too worried. Im only sad for you to leave is all. I wish I had more time.." he slows down on the swing by dragging his feet on the dirt below him.
"Soo, me being warm has to deal with the heavens then?"
"There's no other reason.."
"If that's the case.. what if it's not about me at all. What if it's something about you?"
"Your the one who is warm..-" I interrupted him.
"Only to you." He pauses as if he were in deep thought.

"Han.. your so busy thinking about me that maybe this is really about you.."
"I didn't think about it that way..But what exactly would it be about me?.."
"Like you said, it's something to deal with God and death."

We sat there for a minute in silence our thoughts going everywhere to every possibility. The more I thought about the idea of the warmth being about Han, the more I become to realize it was really never about me. And that I just may end up getting swallowed up and forgotten in the dark abysses of the street walls and gutters.. I really am a person of sin. A person who is so selfish and leeches off of others for my own gain. I see now why I'd be placed in purgatory. I am damn-able.

"You'll still go up. Even if your guess is true. You'll reach enlightenment and you'll climb the stairs.."
"I hate how you think so highly of someone like me.." I say a bit irritated.
"Don't be so down on yourself.. I think highly of you because it's you.."

"Jisung..why are you taking to your little imaginary friend again? You look crazy."

We both look behind us to see Tae looking down at Han and then to me who sat on the other "empty" swing.

"Mind your own."
"I need to talk to you.."
"About what?"
" About what you know and about your little friend.." he points over to me.
"Just leave, you've done enough already.."
With a sigh, Tae then walks forward bending his knees in front of my swing and looks at me straight in the eyes. And when he speaks all the organs that rested in my chest drop into my stomach..

"Y/n, what do you remember?"

"I- I-" my hands shook and my vocal cords wouldn't allow me to speak a word. Han immediately gets up with a face of rage.
"I told you to leave. Fuck off Tae." Despite his anger, he shook as if he felt the same fear I did.
Tae asks me again, "What do you remember?"
"I- I- don't remember much." I say trying to keep myself together.
"Han keeps assuming I did something to you. I figured you must have told him something.. The thing is.. I don't know what I did either." He says innocently.
"You are kidding?!?!" Han shouts.
"I'm serious." Tae says standing up.
"Then, what do you remember?.." Han asks .
"I remember a bit of the bonfire. But after that things are fuzzy. I think someone injected me with the drug given to Y/n after we brought her over.. That drug, makes you lose up to an hour of memory as a side effect."
"So you remember giving her a drug at least??? Why the fuck would you drug her anyway?!"
"She would have resisted!" Tae snapped.
"You really don't understand consent do you..?"
"It was for the brotherhood of course you wouldn't get it..  I just don't understand what bad thing could have you two so worked up for.."
"The "bag thing" is that you violated and murdered Y/n." Han says getting up from the swings.
"Murdered?.." he says furrowing his brows, "How are you sure it wasn't someone like you?"
"Me?" Han says in disbelief.
"Yeah, you. I understand you talking to a dead girl, since you've been that way since a kid, but you have been acting beyond shady. Maybe you killed her and now you are blaming it all on me.."
"I know what I know. And I definitely know it wasn't me. I like Y/n too much to have killed her."
".. Y/n, Han is becoming delusional these days.. You should run while you can before he hurts you further.." Tae says reaching out to me. Han pulls me off of the swings and out of Tae's reach glaring daggers into his brother's eyes.

"We know it was you. There is no doubt." Han says.
"Prove it." Tae clicks nonchalantly.
"The drug you administered was green right?"
"Yes.. what does that have to deal with this?"
"The only green drug that paralyzes is one used in surgical operations.. Which you could have gotten by your buddy's mom who is a surgeon. And according to the internet and her, the drug paralyzes and it does make a person forget. However, It can only make you forget up to 10 minutes to an hour in small increments. That's if and only if 4 millimeters of it were injected.."
"What are you getting at?"
"You are lying about not remembering. Because you only had 2 mL when I stabbed you with the needle."
"So I guess I can't just lie.. but how come you remember even stabbing me??"
"No. You can't lie your way out of this one.. And I remembered because I was not injected as much as Y/n was."
Tae scoffs.
"Well Damn, I definitely should have killed you along side her. But I gave you a chance! For mom! We both know she would have been so heart broken if your neck was sliced and left with that slut."
"Bullshit, she would have been okay. You just would have been guilty.. If anyone here is delusional it's you. I have no idea what drugs you are on, but you are not Tae anymore.."

Tae rolls his eyes at Han who walks backwards with me slowly. The murderous frat boy in front of us follows suit walking forward with a aura that brought chills along my spine. An aura I began to remember all too well. He pushes the swings out of his way keeping an eye on the both of us like he was about to aim for the kill any second.
"How- How can you see and hear me?" I say trying to make conversation that could give time for an opening.
"I'm also a medium.."
Han scoffs, " That's impossible.."
"It was too risky to go off telling mom and dad like your cowardly ass self did. It was too much for me to tell anyone. Too much to say that demons flocked to me instead of the ghosts.."
"Demons?.." Han says confused before his eyes widened as if he realized something big, "Oh fuck.."
"Oh fuck yes.." Tae says smiling wickedly his eyes filling with a thick black liquid. Han grabs me and we run as fast as we could away from Tae.

Faster and faster we sprint across the park's grassy fields. Passed the peaceful children. Passed all the things that knew nothing of the threat that chased us like a cheetah. I had no idea where to go or if we could out run such a beast.. Though I ran clutching onto Han and following his lead.

If there is a great good God above, I prayed we could outrun Tae. We didn't have much time together in this world, and I didn't want Tae to snatch up my time with Han.. So I prayed to whoever was up there. Who ever forced us to see Beauty in these things that go unseen...

Don't let him take me away again.

::: Author's note :::

Hey!! I am back~ it's been a minute:) College was really stressful so I was not able to update much! I am hoping to have more updates soon soo keep a close eye on this one and Changbin's. Im so ready to share more of what I have going on in my mind~ Im hoping to end this one around chapter 20? .. Well, we will see if I can get that far💀 lol

@skzenie