Chapter 13 | Asphyxia

"It's bright here."

"That's why we are here. The brighter the better."

Y/n's POV

We were in a light art museum looking at the various exhibits. Though it wasn't as enjoyable as I was still a bit soaked in salty water from the near by lake. Thank god no one could see me like this. I am sure the way I looked was pitiful. Because of our situation, we had no choice but to walk around here and pretend we were observing pretty works of art that use bright lights. Lights of all colors. Some were shining in various levels of brightness, but all the same they screamed out to the eyes saying " Look at me".
It reminded me a lot the many flashy people I've met and it reminded me of how I could have been someone like that instead of.. well me.

How did we even get here? In this place..?

Right. Even if it wasn't so long ago, the breeze brushing my body reminded me of the lake we just crushed into. Though I wasn't scared for me, I was more afraid for Han.

☆ 3 hours ago ☆

"FUCK, They are catching up!" I say shouting. Han looks over to the back rear view mirror worryingly.

"I'm already flooring it, I can't go any faster."
"What do we do?! Can we hide again??"
"Hide where-" he pauses in thought, "Actually, I have an idea. BUT, you are going to have to hear me out.."
"Han.." I say concerned.
"I need you to get in the backseat and pull that seat down."
"why?"
"Just do it, and hurry we are almost there."

He kept a fast steady speed on the highway until he ended up slowing down for a sharp turn down a long familiar road. A road we both knew all too well, a road we both hated for its harsh memoirs. What was he thinking going down here? This place was something that brought such a bad taste in my mouth. The taste of salt water and blood. The feeling of Asphyxia replaying again and again. "Han, please don't do something dangerous. This place.."

" Hurry I am almost to the lake. What ever you do, do not get out until 15 minutes has gone by."

" 15?!?! That's way to long!" I breathed out with a shaky breath. Han responds with a nod and a blank face in which I couldn't read. He keeps going even when he hits the small lot for parking. Han looks over to me glaring and I quickly pull myself in the back and crawl into the trunk from there. As soon as the vehicle hits the water I shut the back seat listening to the car slowly fill up. After about five minutes the water begins to leak into the trunk and I softly panic pushing the tips of my fingers along the sides to keep myself balanced. Even if Han thinks this was a great Idea, I was worried and panicking to myself about his well being. So many negative thoughts rushed unto my mind. What if he is drowning? What if the demons saw right through his trick and they ripped him out and dragged him further into the dark abyss that was the bottom of the lake..? I kept thinking, but the noise around continuously got sinister as the waters rose in my little space here. When the water filled up to its highest level in the trunk, pressing its force onto my lungs, I focused on the noise that was the water. As I did, the sound of scratching was heard along the sides of the car. I was sure it was the Demons. Maybe it was true that they would see him and rip him out. Maybe they would take his soul fresh out of death. However, that was the only noise heard from those beasts. Another minute goes by and my patience was wavering. I had to check on Han.

Quickly, I take my foot and slammed the back seat open. With open eyes, I looked around the murky waters for they filled the car leaving not one pocket of air. Slowly I swim up to the front to see Han in a state of unconsciousness. I shake him just in case, but the boy doesn't awaken. I then begin pulling at the door handle violently. After a minute I unbuckle Han and shake him once more. I push him over to the other seat and position my self to better open the door. Finally, It opens and I grab Han's hand pulling him along with me to the surface. When I reached the top bursting for air, I pull him up as well and I begin swimming to the shore. Immediately after arriving unto that rocky piece of land, I start preforming CPR.