Chapter 1 | Drown

⚠️ Warning from Author ⚠️
This story is majorly heavy on triggering topics. Of course, it wouldn't be the Dark Series with out them however, I must issue this warning as I'm digging really deep with this one. If you are easily triggered or can not handle the following do NOT read: discussions/topics on sexual themes that disregard consent, suicide, drug use, alcoholism, abuse, and extreme gore. YOU HAVE BEEEN WARNED!
Thank you for your time! Please enjoy~

POV: Y/n

They say college was all about the parties. The limelight and wasting money in the process. I whole heartedly agreed with this. Though, I didn't do much other than take down a large bottle of vodka every 3 days. My dad is dissatisfied with how I live, but ever since my mother passed a year ago nothing was the same. How else am I supposed to live? Live that perfect little life like every other rich girl of rolling in Parada and Louis Vuitton? I can't keep telling myself things were perfect when the weight of her passing lingered on like cigarette smoke. I try my best everyday to keep going like she would have wanted. Try to live a humble and honest life. I missed her dearly, so I try connecting with her through this throat burning liquid. Maybe if I drink enough I'll understand why she decided to leave us all alone so early..

It's a Friday night and I'm taking in liquor like it's water. A popular boy at my college had a huge end of semester celebration party. Couldn't say no to an invite that involved free beer and shots. Couldn't stop saying yes to the feelings that the free beverage would grant.. It's safe to say I had a problem, but of course no one here cared and that's what I liked about it.
"Yo yo! See your having a great time Y/n."
"Oh yes. So much fun, but it seem I'm running out of refreshments. You think you can grab me some more?!"
"I will for taste of those sweet lips of yours~" I smirked giving the local douche a small peck on the lips.
"Make it extra strong." I say with a wink. He smiled widely before heading off.
I roll my eyes and chug the rest of the drink I had waiting in a red solo cup. Slowly, I stubble away towards an open couch with one lone boy sitting on it. Familiar he was as I have had him in a couple of classes. He looked a bit uncomfortable though in this setting. You could see it all in his face with the way he looked around at the girls grinding on the guys and the two "straight" girls in the corner making out. He hates it here. I stared at him for a bit looking at his features. No, not looking, but admiring them. I smiled brightly at the way his jaw was so defined and the way his neck almost perfectly connected to his collarbone. Truly he was attractive as he has always been when zoned out.
I shook my head.
I'm way too drunk to be gazing so much at some random boy.
With that thought, I looked forward searching for drama to observe. As I did so, that flirty boy from earlier taps on my shoulder.
"Here's your drink sweetheart."
"Thanks." I take the new red solo cup from him gently before sipping out of it.
"Soo how long you been at this University?"
"I'm a junior."
"Really? How come I've never seen you??"
"Goody two shoes kinda girl. I kept my head in the books."
"Oh really then what brings you here?"
"Free booze. My stash at home is low. I need something to ease the pain of failing finals and life."
"Fair enough." He chuckled before sitting next to me.

"Really Tae?! Couldn't you sit and flirt somewhere else?" The lone boy says.
"I get to sit where I want. Why the fuck you even here anyways?!"
"Mom told me I needed to Drive your drunk ass back. So I'm waiting on you."
"Right right.. But the party just started." Tae wraps one of his arms around me chuckling.
"You know what, I'm leaving.. You have fun with finding a ride back. I'm not sitting here all night, it's literally 2:30am already." The boy clicks his tongue and walks off.
I look over and watch the boy leave within a matter of seconds.
"Sooo Y/n... What kinda guys you into.. Y/n?? Hello??" He Taps me and I snap my head towards him.
"I'm not interested."
"Oh? I barely said anything! Why so harsh?!" He says chuckling.
"I don't think the whole dating thing is me.."
"Well we don't have to date.." he says nonchalantly while gripping my thigh with one of his free hands. I breath in deeply gulping another dose of my drink.
"Your attractive, but I don't think-"
"Y/n.. come on! We are friends! And friends care for each other's wants and needs.." he slowly moves his other hand to my jaw. The brunette then uses his thumb to caress my cheek.
"Your disgusting.." I say getting up and away from him. But as I got up I back into another guy.
"Where are you going Y/n??"
"I'm just going to take my leave. The refreshments were amazing, but uh.. parents!"
"Need a ride?" Says a boy beside the one I bumped into.
"No you guys are good. No need to waste your time."
"There's no way your leaving. Aren't you the famous Y/n that says up til 7 am downing bottles?! Come on! Don't bail now." Tae says.
"I did that like once.. or twice. But that doesn't matter! I need to go. Thanks for inviting me." I say softly slurring my words. Immediately, I start to walk off, but I stumble almost falling to the ground. Tae and one of the guys grabs my arms and begins walking me through the crowds of people. As this happens, my head starts to feel dizzy and half way out I'm sure I dropped my drink.. Obviously, I was confused as being this far gone this early in the night was unusual.. When we finally reached outside a black busted up van waited with two other college students in the front two seats.
"Y'all got her??"
"Yep." The boys place me in the back long with themselves. As they drove, pilling off, All of them started a conversation that made me clinch my throat in fear.
"That drug really got her fumbling." Tae says.
" Yep. My supplier is experienced with drugging young girls soo.. it shouldn't knock her out, but it should keep her from giving us any trouble." Says the boy in the passenger smacking on gum.