•BeomKai/Yeongyu•

Surprise??? Trigger warning: death

Kai thought that seeing the person he loves get married to another man would hurt him. But no, he was happy, so happy for him. He was happy that Beomgyu was getting married to Choi Yeonjun.

Huening and Beomgyu were the most wholesome couple. They were so clingy and sweet it'll make you gag sugar, but you could tell that they really were the perfect match. Not until something happened...

The past
"Kaikai~ what college are you planning to go to?" Beomie hyung said plopping on my bed beside me. "Hmm, I don't know but I see that we both got in SNU! We could go there." I said, "But Kaikai~ you need to know what you want. Like me, I want to study engineering." "I want to be with you hyungie, I want to be an architect so that we'll match~ I'm smart enough to pass any course." Beomie just rolled his eyes. "Okayyyyyyy"

They were so happy, together. Since high school up until college, inseparable. The couple was adored by everyone, they were said to be eachother's forever. They were convinced that it was them, until their last breaths. But apparently, only one stayed true to that promise.

Huening Kai had a secret, a secret he knew he shouldn't hide but couldn't bring himself to let Beomgyu know. He had a heart problem, he was told he would make it till graduation day, a stretch he himself forced to. He couldn't believe it the first time, but as the sickness made itself known, he realised that he should go all out and die without regrets. He knows this will hurt Beomgyu but he just couldn't.

They made the best memories together, got straight A's together, had dates almost everyday, went to trips when they can, loved eachother every single minute, gave promise rings, "I'll always be here," Huening said, "That's what's engraved in the ring."

"I wrote, my first love" Beomgyu said, "I should've wrote, my first and last love!" Beomgyu facepalmed. It pained Kai knowing he'd make Beomgyu miserable... the days are nearing, and the fear inside him grows, he wasn't ready, he doesn't want to leave, but he's got no choice... He must let Beomgyu go, it's best for Beomgyu.

Beomgyu rushed with the nurses and doctors, his Kai fainted right after the ceremony. He doesn't know what's wrong but the doctors and Kai's family were so calm and it infuriated him. They looked at Beomgyu with pity and he was restless since he couldn't understand a thing. "WHY ARE YOU ALL JUST STANDING THERE? KAI NEEDS HELP!" He shouted, a hand touched his shoulder, he met eyes with Kai's older sister, "Y-you should go inside, he'll tell you everything."

"Kaikai... W-what's wrong? W-why aren't they helping you?" Beomgyu breaks down, "I-I'm sorry..." Kai croaked, voice weak and shaking. "I-I know I should've told you but I couldn't... I have a disease, incurable and today's my last..." Beomgyu cries louder beside him, shaking his head telling him this was all a lie.

"I gave out my all for these last months, to leave without regret... I don't wanna leave you but what choice do I have? Beomie, you know I love you right? I'll always be here for you, when I leave, please let go of me... Please love someone who will love you like I do or even better—" "I don't want anyone else but you Kai!" Beomgyu bangs his hand on the floor. Kai reaches out to him and holds Beomgyu's face in his hands.

"I'm letting you go Beomgyu, I don't want you hurting because of me. Move on and find someone that will take care of you. I will always love you..." Kai kisses him, sweet with longing and sadness, he sees the stars in Beomgyu's eyes as they pull away. "I won't forget those eyes, those eyes that hold the galaxy and my world." Kai spoke while wiping the unending tears on his lovers face.

"I love you so so much Kai, I don't know how to move on. Please just stay here." Beomgyu pleads, "I won't leave Beomie... I'll watch over you. Please let me go," Kai chokes, he didn't notice he was also crying all this time, it was getting harder to breathe. "I wanna rest hyungie..." Kai managed to say as he lays his head on the bed.

Beomgyu's breath is stuck on his throat, 'No, no, no' is the word etched in his mind. "Kaikai~ hyungie is here, I will always be here." He said while caressing Kai's head, "It's been hard for you right?" A small nod was felt, "You've suffered enough my baby..." he inhaled sharply, he didn't want to do this but he must. "You can rest, hyungie will handle himself hmm? I'll sing you a song, okay?"

Beomgyu's choking up on his words as he sings their favorite song, he sees how Kai's face slowly calms and he hears a long ping indicating his lover has passed, but he just sings a song, not wanting to let go...

It was hard, he saw how the older grieved for him. He saw him had endless nights of crying, he saw how the light in his eyes dimmed out, he saw how he isolated himself from everyone, he saw the times where his hyung gave up, he saw the change and damage, he saw the worst but he couldn't do anything. He saw how hard his hyung struggled trying to be alright and move on. He wanted his Beom to be happy. He begged for something to happen.

That came in the form of Choi Yeonjun, 5 years after his death. He saw how a friendship bloomed over an coffee accident. He saw the change he has brought to Beomgyu, he saw those once dimmed galaxy burst into color. He saw how that friendship turned into a relationship. He saw how Yeonjun cared so much for Beomgyu, he was finally at peace.

Now, in front of the altar 10 years after his death and 4 years into the relationship, is a union between his beloved and the man who he entrusts his beloved to. "You led me out of the darkness that consumed me, you helped me overcome my grief, you taught me that I could love again as he wished for me to do. I know he would love you like I do, I love you so much Choi Yeonjun. I will be with you, through all the joys and sorrows. Together, we'll be forever."

"I saw you and those sad eyes, a pretty boy stuck in a storm, I was attracted to you and your storm. I wanted to partake in the sadness you hold and help you see the sun shine. I know that wherever he is right now, he'd be happy to see you in this state. And I am happy that I'm the reason. I will love you Gyu, forever and always, I'll be with you each step that you take. Together, we'll be forever."

"I hope you'll be happy my love, I know he'll take good care of you. Thank you for giving me the best memories, I love you always. Thank you Yeonjun for saving my Beom, I hope you take good care of him like you always do. Thank you, I am and will finally be at peace" White feathers fall on the couple, happy to even question its appearance.

________________________________________
I cried... Is it good tho? I hope it is.
Also SooKai I hope you both are doing well, hope for a fast recovery. Covid really is a nuisance, I hate it. :((