𝐗𝐈

/ DEFYING THE ODDS /

11. MISTAKEN AFFAIR.

"YOU'RE LATE," ELEANOR NOTED AS SIR LEON CLOSED THE DOOR to her chambers quietly.

Sir Leon faced the princess. "I'm sorry, my lady. It's not been easy to sneak into your chambers at this hour."

"With those words, people would assume that we are in the midst of an affair," Eleanor teased as she unsheathed her sword.

"You never fail to fluster a man, Eleanor," Sir Leon stated, commencing a smile to appear on Eleanor's features.

"I wouldn't consider yourself a man with the way I beat you during these lessons."

Sir Leon chuckled, grabbing his sword. "What can I say? You're a fast learner."

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Leon," the princess smirked as she pointed her sword at his chest. "I know you've been going easy on me as of late, and I won't allow it any longer."

"My lady, if I were to injure you—"

Eleanor scoffed. "First you flatter me, and now you flatter yourself. How about you show me how a knight of Camelot truly fights instead."

"As you wish, Princess," Sir Leon bowed as he drew his weapon.

The two stood before each other for a few moments until Eleanor swung her sword, commencing the fight.

Although Leon was very calculative with every move, Eleanor was much more swift and graceful. The fight came to an end as the Princess pinned Leon against the wall, unarmed.

"Oh, come on, Leon," Eleanor groaned, picking up the knight's sword. "You're still going easy on me."

"I'm not, I swear!"

"Oh, really? Would you care to explain why I was able to unarm you within five minutes?"

"Well—"

"Again," Eleanor interrupted, throwing his sword for him to catch. "This time, pretend I'm no longer a princess. Instead, I'm Arthur and I'm being a complete prat."

Before they could engage into a second round, there was a knock on Eleanor's door. The princess motioned for the knight to hide as she made her way towards the entryway to her chambers. She waited a moment before finally opening the door, revealing Prince Theodoric.

"Uh, yes, my lord?"

"I apologize for intruding at this hour, but I heard what seemed to be like fighting in your chambers as I was passing by," Theodoric explained. "Is everything all right?"

"Everything is fine," Eleanor reassured, opening the door further. "I, uh, sleep walk?"

Theodoric furrowed his eyebrows. "You... sleep walk?"