ʚ TWO ɞ

THE NEXT day came as [name]'s mother held [name]'s hands as she guided him inside the familiar canopy door that had a plate on it, engraved in fancy lettering, 'doctor kocho shinobu'

THE NEXT day came as [name]'s mother held [name]'s hands as she guided him inside the familiar canopy door that had a plate on it, engraved in fancy lettering, 'doctor kocho shinobu'. "where are we su-supposed to go again?" [name] asked as he looked around in confusion.

"there, sweetheart, through the door in front of you," his mother held his hand tightly before smiling at him. "oh," was all he huffed out as he opened the door and walked inside before accidentally tripping on his steps, luckily, his mother, [last name] jiya caught him. "be careful darling," she said worriedly. "are you alright?" she asked as shinobu smiled at the sight of the mother and son.

"come please," shinobu beckoned towards the seat across her patiently. patients like [name] require loads of patiences. it was a difficult job, especially when people who are suffering with meningitis suffer so much through memory difficulties, speech problems, loss hearing, confusion, being very sensitive to bright lights, and always having random pounding headaches.

the lights inside shinobu's room were a bit dark, so it wasn't too bright, she adjusted it for [name] because people who suffer with meningitis have strong sensitivity towards light, and she'd love to make her patients feel as comfortable as they can around her.

"you must be [last name]'s mother, it's a pleasure to meet you miss, allow me to introduce myself, i'm kocho shinobu," shinobu bowed politely as jiya nodded politely. "ms. kocho, you mentioned that my son would be staying here, yes?" jiya asked as she stared at the female.

"is there something wrong with him?" jiya asked. "no no, we'll need to give your son some treatments, antibiotics and the appropriate facility so that he could heal completely," shinobu explained as she placed both of her hands in front of her with a sweatdrop. "okay, that's good," jiya sighed silently. she couldn't stand it if [name]'s symptoms are worsening. she felt exhausted, exhausted for having to take care of both [name] and his older sister, himari. 

 [last name] himari had been suffering from a small cold for about weeks now, and it was really tiring jiya out, though, she wouldn't give up. just for her children. "now, i would like to briefly explain with you two what i am going to do today with [name]," shinobu explained briefly as the both of them sat down on the chairs comfortably.

"has your son been allergic to penicillin?" shinobu asked softly as she sat still. "no, last time with mr. haruki's treatment, based on my son's condition, he was feeling much better when mr. haruki was injecting penicillin g into him," jiya explained. "ah, i see," shinobu nodded. "has your son had any previous big complications–previous life threatening disease?" shinobu asked jiya. "not at all, this is his first," jiya said. "i see, i see–alright then," shinobu said silently.

"that's good, you're ready to stay in the hospital to take the required treatment, but had he gotten any rashes or discolored blots on his skin?" shinobu asked curiously. "i'm not sure if he remembered but yes, yes he did," his mother said silently. shinobu's face fell into a frown, her brows furrowed as her purple eyes widened. "when did he have it?" shinobu asked quickly. "this morning," jiya said before she noticed what shinobu looked like. her face contorted to panic.

"it's a sign of blood poisoning, wait here ma'am, we'll definitely need to send you to the icu," she said as she grabbed the phone on her desk and pressed a number as the other end picked it up. "aoi speaki–" aoi said but she was cut off loudly by shinobu. "there's a patient who needs to be admitted to the icu now," shinobu said immediately as [name] blinked innocently, tilting his head in confusion before looking around. 'where am i again?' he blinked.

"are you sure you did it with a glass pressed on his skin?" shinobu asked as jiya nodded, confirming the ravenette's biggest fear. she sighed silently. "yes shinobu-sama!" aoi agreed as she placed down the phone, ending the call as shinobu turned to face the two of them. "blots and rashes are a sign of blood poisoning where the cells of the meningitis produced incredibly dangerous toxins that breaks the blood vessels," shinobu said with a heavy voice.

jiya could only look at shinobu in confusion and horror. "but luckily, he's here now, we can immediately treat it–" and with that the door opened as it revealed two petite lady. one had black hair and cerulean eyes, her black hair were pinned into pigtails, decorated with blue butterfly hairpins. the other had black hair and purple eyes, her hair was brought up into a side ponytail. "hurry!" shinobu exclaimed in panic as she glanced at [name]'s arm that had visible blots and rashes.