Chapter 12

Chapter 12

TW: Swearing, Homophobic slurs, Abuse

Zak

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around.

I was in Nick's living room, passed out on the couch.

"fuck." I groaned as I got up.

I pressed my hands to the side of my head, trying to help the pain from my headache.

It was the first time in a few months I hadn't had Caffeine, and now I was going through caffeine withdrawal.

I walked around Nick's house, looking at the damage.

"Nick?" I called.

I walked to the kitchen and found Nick shoving trash into bags and alcohol bottles into cabinets.

"Whatcha doing.." I said as I walked around the kitchen island.

"Things got a little out of hand last night." He rolled his eyes.

"What happened? Last night feels like a blur."

"Geez. A Ton. I can't believe you don't remember."

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through endless photos from last night on Instagram.

I found a photo of Clay that I thought was funny and went to send it to our group chat.

"Uhm, Nick. Why did you remove Clay?" I asked.

Nick turned around and stared dead at me.

"You seriously don't remember what he did?"

I blinked a few times.

"No?"

Nick pulled up and chair and sat down. He tapped his phone a few times before pulling up a picture of Clay.

And he was kissing George.

"They're dating now! It's unbelievable! We've been hanging out with a faggot this whole time." He complained, slamming his fist on the table.

I stayed quiet, staring at the picture, trying to process it.

I then stood up and looked around for my stuff.

"I'm going over to Clay's house. I need to have a few words with him."

Nick nodded his head as I snatched up my backpack and ran out the door.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and headed off in the direction of Clay's house.

Clay was.. gay?

I'd never imagined it from him. I mean, maybe he was just drunk? 

I pulled out my phone to see ten texts at minimum from a random number.

Hey Baby! 💕

How's it going?

Zak!!

Last night was fun~ We should do it again sometime.. 😉

See More..

I stared at my phone in shock as I remembered what had happened.

The thoughts of Darryl, the drinking, and the fact I lost my virginity to Charlotte.

I started walking faster, and my heart was pounding as I tried to remember everything.

I remember turning Darryl away. I remembered him crying and slamming the door. I even remembered agreeing to date Charlotte.

I froze and just looked at the texts, not knowing what to say.

I mean, it's Charlotte. Most popular girl in school. Cheerleader. But do I really like her like this? Last night was a mistake for sure; I regret every second of it.

I looked both ways before crossing the street and over to my house.

I climbed up the stairs and opened the door to see my Mom and Dad standing in the living room.

"Where the fuck were you? You were gone all night." My Mom yelled.

"Why should it matter? You never seem to notice when I leave any other nights!" I snapped back.

"You were a fucking mistake. How did I manage to give birth to such a horrible kid."

She then stepped over and slapped me hard across the face.

A tear slowly fell down my cheek and down onto my shirt.

Fuck.

Darryl

I woke up in my bed, surrounded by my laptop, tissues, and some other junk. I slowly stood up and rubbed my eyes. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

"God, I look horrible." I muttered as I brushed my hair out of my face.

"I knew this was going to happen. He was just playing you to make you look like an idiot. So stop being so dramatic about it." I said to myself.

I decided to take a quick shower before heading downstairs to go out and get my mind off of Zak.

"Mom, I'm going out! Do you need anything?" I yelled while I grabbed my keys and a granola bar from the kitchen.

"Could you go grocery shopping for me? I don't have time today, and we'll have nothing for dinner otherwise. You can come in here and take my card."

I walked to her office and took her debit card.

"What are you writing about?" I asked as I watched her type a lengthy paper.

"I'm writing a paper about LBGTQ+ youth. It's pretty sad how many kids get kicked out of their homes." My Mom said, not even looking away from the screen.

"You're lucky I don't kick you out." She laughed.

I put on a fake smile and said goodbye before leaving her office.

I walked to the garage, where I sat in my car and took a few deep breaths.

She's an idiot. She makes all the dumb LGBTQ+ jokes now, and sometimes they're offensive or straight-up mean.

One time she made a joke with my dad about how people can't just change their names, and it really ticked me off.

I pulled out my phone and shuffled my playlist.

And, of course, Buy You A Rose starts playing.

I immediately skipped it and removed it from my playlist.

I want nothing from Zak. He's just a bully and will never change.

I pulled out of my parking lot and headed to the store.

-

I turned my car off and leaned my head forward onto the wheel, tears streaming down my cheeks.

I actually loved him. I freaking loved him, and he just crushed that.

I truly believed that he had changed. I belived he liked me. I believed he was a good person.

It turns out he's worse than I thought.