Chapter 5: "Gwanpa"

Liah POV:

I felt a hand grab my shoulder tightly and a man whispered. "Follow me outside quietly and don't do anything stupid."

I was sure as hell not going to do what a stranger was telling me. I tried to rip my arm out of his grip but he was too strong. I glanced at the man as my panic started to rise, the man was wearing the same clothes that the bodyguards outside and in the hall were wearing.

Shoot.

I glanced at the woman I wanted to talk to but by now there were two guards at her side and –

Oh no. I'm in deep trouble now.

"Gwanpa!" Caleb screamed and jumped out of my arms.

All of a sudden the room was deadly silent and a glass shattered somewhere. I couldn't hear music playing anymore either.

"Gwanpa, grwanpa." Caleb repeated as he ran up to Jonathan.

I wanted to run after him and stop him but the guard was still holding my arm tightly.

As Caleb reached Jonathan I could hear a wave of murmurs erupt in the hall and I could already guess what they were gossiping about. The pregnant woman and the man beside her were surprised and starring at Caleb then at me. I saw a few glances being exchanged and the guard started to drag me away and out of the hall. I saw another guard pick up Caleb who was starting to scream and cry at the stranger.

Oh no, not my baby.

I pushed my feet in the ground but it didn't make it any harder for the guard, he was still easily dragging me out the hall.

Then I heard another cry from Caleb.

You probably heard of stories where mothers were able to do unthinkable things to protect their babies, right? Well, my baby was in danger now and I wasn't having it.

I stepped on the guards foot as hard as I could and his touch loosened for the tiniest moment which I used. I freed my arm and looked at the now angry guard, before he could do anything else I kicked him between the legs with my knee and he groaned in pain.

Then I turned around to the man who was holding a crying Caleb.

"Let go of my Baby!" I screamed at him, getting closer. The man didn't even bat an eye at me. "I said let him go!"

I wanted to grab Caleb out of his arms but another pair of hands grabbed mine and dragged me outside. We were taken to a room and as soon as the guard let go of me I hurried to Caleb. He was full on crying now and I took him into my arms, doing my best to calm him down quickly.

Jonathan POV:

I sighed as Mark told me about the meeting. I put my papers down and stood up.

As I entered the conference room I was greeted by everyone. I took my seat at the head of the table and told my employees to proceed with the meeting. This just had to happen today when my son was celebrating his birthday.

I sighed internally, not letting my employees see of course. It wouldn't give the best impression if they saw their boss neglecting his work. Well, I would never but today was a special day.

The meeting went on and I listened to the complains and requests from the men and women. After another unnecessary request I spoke up. "Get to the important part." The room went quiet for a moment but the people nodded and went on with the topic that really interested me.