Chapter 19: Candies and Sweets

Liah POV:

"Look at me, Rosa!" The voice screams and I can feel a cold touch on my cheek.

Who is Rosa, I wonder, he can't mean me or mom?

"Come on, take deep breaths. You're having a panic attack."

A panic attack? I have them a lot when I'm in the basement but nobody ever helped. I don't think mom even noticed it. She doesn't stay long enough to notice.

I try to blink and open my eyes but I can't see clearly. My vision is blurry and I can only see the shadow of a face in front of me. I can feel gentle movements on my cheeks as if someone is brushing something away.

But what I notice is the illuminated hallway behind the person. The open halls that lead to dozens of doors and a window at the end of the corridor. Without a second thought I clench onto the person who got me out of the darkness and I don't want to let go.

"You're fine, Rosa. Everything is fine now." The man says while holding my back with one arm and gently brushing my hair with his other.

I start to sob and cry desperately into his arms. I feel that someone picks me up and I clench onto the shirt of the person, holding on to it at all costs. A moment later I am sat down again and the person is still there.

I don't dare to open my eyes, fearing that I could be in our old home or that mom could be here. I'm sure she would lock me up even longer for running away this time.

"Liah!" A male voice calls from a little further away, I think I know that person. "What happened, is she alright?"

"She will be." The unknown person says and I can feel his chest move as he talks. It must be the man who helped me.

"Liah, I'm so sorry, I should have stayed with you." The second man's voice is closer now and I can feel a new hand on my back. That voice I know it, it's Rome.

Rome is here, that means I'm at his place. Then maybe mom isn't here and she won't be able to do anything. I blink a few times and look up at the person who is holding me, maybe it is one of the other brothers or a guard.

I look up at the person and my blurred vision slowly focuses on the brown haired man. None of my brothers' have brown hair so I crunch my nose and concentrate further on the person. The blue-eyed man looks at me with worry and happiness. I start to look around and see Rome right beside us, his hand still on my back and there are tears in his eyes.

I try to release the hug from the stranger to get to Rome but the stranger's grip won't loosen.

"Rosa, is everything better now?" The stranger asks and I look at him confused.

"Who are you?"

The man chuckles lightly and then with a bright smile says. "I'm Sora, your cousin."

I look at Rome to see his reaction but he just smiles and nods his head.

So this is the person who Rome trusts and who helped him over the years. I look at Sora in wonder and relief, he helped me too. I don't think I could have gotten out of that panic attack alone.

"You better now?" He asks.

I give a quick nod and look around for Rome again. As soon as I spot him still standing behind me I get out of Sora's grip and jump into Rome's arms, this time Sora lets go.

Rome hugs me back and I flung my legs around his torso. "Can we go outside?" I whisper into his shoulder and feel him nod into our embrace then he walks somewhere.