"Cαɴ I вe тнαт ѕoмeoɴe?"

________________________________

"Are you sure you still want to come? It could be dangerous." Minho said, repeating the last five sentences he said to Olivia this morning. "Minho, for the last time, I'm coming no matter what. I need to know what's happening. Besides, you may need my help."

"Newt's gonna worry about you." Alby says, coming into the hut. "Well, he doesn't have to, I can take care of myself."

Alby and Minho glance at each other and back at Olivia. "I'm serious, guys. Can we just go?" When Minho was running back to the Glade yesterday, he saw what looked like a dead Griever. After Ben's banishment, Olivia felt guilty and reckless.

But she wanted to see what it looked like, she wanted to see what kind of monster could make people crazy like Ben.

Newt walks into the hut, breaking the dreadfully awkward silence. "Can I talk to Olivia?" Newt asked, glancing at the girl. He clears his throat, scratching the back of his neck. "Alone..." Newt trailed off. Minho scoffed, walking out first, Alby following shortly after.

"Be-" "Careful. I know, look, you don't need to worry about me. I'm going to be fine." Olivia insisted, stepping forward towards Newt. Sighing, Olivia pulls Newt into a hug. Newt hesitantly wraps his arms around her, slowly giving in. "I just don't want anything to happen to you. I can't protect you if I'm not with you."

Olivia pulls away, but not far enough that she can't feel his breath against her lips. She glances at his eyes, his beautiful brown eyes, and back to his soft-looking lips. She feels his eyes stare onto her lips, both of them not moving as much as an inch.
"Please don't go." Newt whispered, moving forward, making their noses brush together.

As much as Olivia wanted to stay, she felt as if she couldn't like she had to do something out in the maze. "We have to go...the maze is about to open." Olivia whispered, hesitantly moving away from Newt.

Olivia slides away, but before she can exit the hut, Newt grabs her hand and pulls her into a hug. "Just promise me, if anything happens, you'll come back." Olivia nods. "I promise." She whispers.
_______________________________________

They stand, waiting for the maze to open. Alby and Newt continue talking, clearing a plan if anything goes wrong. "You're in charge, Newt." The doors open, causing the ground to vibrate and a loud noise to erupt across the maze, most definitely waking up most of the gladers.

Newt glances at Olivia, hoping she'd change her mind, but instead, she's staring at the maze, determined. "We'll be back as soon as we can, keep everyone calm." Newt nods, slowly backing up.

Minho runs first, with Alby lagging a bit behind him. Olivia turns around and takes one last look at Newt before running into the Maze.