Chapter 9

Sarah's POV

For the rest of the day, me and Cam just lounged around the house. We watched a few movies, ate some snacks and then I fell asleep next to him on the couch.

When I woke up, I was alone and the house was dark. I looked next to me to see Cam wasn't there. I got up off the couch, still in wolf form, and went to look for him. I searched the kitchen, then went upstairs. I checked his office, his bedroom, and anywhere else I could think of but he was no where to be found. The last door I approached was wide open and pitch black inside. I took a step in but was stopped by growling. I looked up to see two bright, electric blue eyes peaking through the darkness.

The growling got louder as the source got closer. A large, pitch black wolf stepped out of the shadows and shoved me against a wall before I could think. Cam. He growled in my face. "You are worthless!" He spat out.

"B-but I-I'm your mate. Don't you love me?" I whimpered.

"Love you?! How could I love a filthy, weak, worthless rogue who can't even shift!?"

"What are you trying to say!" I bark/whimper.

"I, Cameron Knight, Alpha of the Scarlet Moon pack, reject you, Sarah Bayte, as my mate"
***********************************
I jolted out of my sleep with a gasp for air and unpurposely shifted back to my human form. Tears streamed steadily down my face as I sat up on the couch and took in my surroundings.

I was still on the couch where I fell asleep but Cameron wasn't next to me. The movie on the tv was paused and the light in the kitchen was on, as well as the bathroom light.I heard jostling in the kitchen so I assumed he went to the bathroom and was now in there.

I looked down at my body and realized I missed my human form. I also realized I was naked... I quickly shifted back into my wolf form and went to see what Cameron was doing. I walked into the kitchen and peeped my head in the door to check if he was there. What I saw surprised me; Cam had his back flat against the wall next to the door and he looked deep in thought. I nudged his leg with my nose to get his attention. He looked down at me, his eyes holding mixed emotions. His jaw dropped and he pointed at me. Then I realized what happened... He had seen me shift.

Cameron's pov

My mate had fallen asleep next to me so I used it as an opportunity to get up and go to the bathroom. I paused the movie and slowly got off the couch so I didn't wake her.

When I finished my business, I decided to go into the kitchen to grab something to eat. I looked at the clock on the wall. It said 8:00 and I realized neither me nor my little wolf had eaten dinner. I took a frozen pizza out of the freezer and put it in the oven then went to go check on her.

I began to walk out of the kitchen and into the living room but I froze. Seated on the couch where my mate had been was a sobbing, beautiful girl with long brown hair. She was terribly skinny, I could see all of ribs prominently, and she had various scars running down he skin. It really surprised me that she was nude, although I tried not to look out of respect for this mystery girl.

All of a sudden, realization slapped me across the face. That girl was my mate. She had shifted. I resisted the urge to go to her and wipe her teary eyes and hug her close and instead went back to the kitchen. I leaned my back against the wall next to the door and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Why had she shifted? Why was she crying? Would she shift again for me? What had happened? So many questions circled through my head when I felt a nudge at my leg. Staring up at me with stormy grey eyes was my little mate. My jaw dropped at her wolf form and I pointed at her. Her eyes widened when she must've realized what I saw.

I took a step away from her and immediately regretted it. Her eyes filled with hurt and her head lowered, along with her tail. I realized she must have taken that as a form of rejection and I felt even worse. "Look I.." I took a step towards her but she turned and ran. "No please! Come back!" I yelled.

I heard the door open and two pairs of feet walked in as a four padded paws ran out. "Shit..." I muttered. I quickly ran to the door to see two pack teenagers had just walked in. "Did a little wolf she-wolf just run out the door?" I asked them, a bit flustered.

"Yes Alpha she did. Why?" The boy asked.

"Shoot. Do you know which way she went?"

"I think I saw her run into the woods" the girl answered.

"Thanks guys." I said as I ran past them and out the door. As soon as I neared the woods, I shifted into my wolf and began to track down my runaway mate.

Sarah's pov

I ran as hard and as far as I could, which probably wasn't really that far at all. I guess I'm still pretty weak. My mind ran back to the events that just played out.

He had seen me shift. How could I have been so careless! Now he probably hates me. I could see it in his eyes. Maybe I should just leave. I'll be better off on my own anyway. I won't have anyone to hurt or any lives to mess up.

I kept running and realized I was at the edge of the pack territory. Lea whimpered in my head, begging me to turn around and go back to our mate but I just couldn't.

I walked along the edge of the territory line for a little while until I came upon a lake with a waterfall. I decided to step into the water and cool down. Once I was about neck deep, I began to swim over to the waterfall. I felt the pressure of the water on my back as I swam underneath the steady stream.

Once I was behind the waterfall, I looked around as I tried to stay afloat. I was starting to notice how tired I actually was. Lucky for me, there was a small cave in the rock. I hoisted myself out of the water and dragged myself to the far corner of the cave. I curled up and fell asleep none but a few minutes after.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Hey loves! Sorry this is kinda short but I really wanted to update. Tell me what you think and I'd love to hear from you all! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE AND FOLLOW