Chapter 4

Sarah's wolf ^^^

SARAHS POV
I quickly jumped off my cot ignoring the pain in my leg and walked over to the small barred window on the opposite wall of the cell. Everywhere I looked, there were wolves fighting wolves. I reached my hand out as far as I could through the bars in hopes that someone would see and rescue me. I just hoped it wouldn't be someone from my pack or else they'd probably beat me some more.

A few of the attacking rouges looked at me but none of them came to help me. I sighed in defeat and limped over to my cot. I had just lied down when I heard the sounds of keys rattling. I looked over to the cell door and saw a older woman from my pack opening it. I quickly got up and limped towards the far end of the cell, away from her in fear she would hurt me although I was positive she had never taken part in any of my beatings.

"Do not be afraid child." She said. "You must go. Run and hide and never return. This is your only chance. I know how much you hate this life so go while everyone is distracted."

She stepped aside to let me out but I was frozen in my spot . It had been years since anyone in this pack had shown me kindness. I quickly snapped out of my daze and limped towards her with caution. She gave me a small smile as I passed by her. I mumbled a quick thank you to her and she nodded in response.

I moved as fast as I could to the nearest exit and looked out. People and wolves were still fighting and no one was paying attention to me. Lea popped into my head just then and said, we can shift. Do you remember how?

I thought for a brief second and I realized, no. Its been so long without shifting that I've forgotten how. I gave my control to Lea so she could shift us and start to run. We transformed into our white, grey and black wolf in a matter of seconds but it was painful.

It's because we haven't shifted in a long time and you aren't used to it. Lea stated as we began to run. She gave me control back as we dodged through dead and injured wolves and men and avoided fights that were still going on until we finally reached the forest. I took a quick look behind me to make sure no one saw us or is following us and started to dodge trees and bushes as we started our journey out of here.

We weaved through bushes and trees and jumped over branches and rocks that were in my path and in about 20 minutes, I crossed the two miles of land that led to the edge of the pack territory. As soon as I crossed over the border, I felt the ties to my pack disappear but I realized, I was now a rogue. For some reason, it shocked me but I quickly pushed through and kept running from my old pack.

I ran for about 10 more minutes until I started to feel extremely tired. I had only been running for a half hour. Normally werewolves could run for long periods of time without stopping. I turned my head to look at my wolf's body and quickly realized why running was so hard right now. I was bone thin, even in wolf form. My ribs protruded from my blackish grey and white coat and my fur did nothing to hide it. With no energy left, I decided to take a quick rest before I kept running. Staying in wolf form, I curled up next to a large tree and let blackness overcome me.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
HEY GUYS! Tell me what you think of my story so far. No hate here but constructive criticism would be helpful. DONT FORGET TO VOTE, READ, COMMENT AND SHARE!