Chapter 7

CAMERON's POV

I had left my mate to go to my office to think for a bit. I decided to leave my bedroom door open so that she could come find me if she had to because I knew she wouldn't shift. I was looking through some papers when I heard two men yelling and then a loud BANG and THUD accompanied by a yelp. I may not have known her for very long but I knew that yelp belonged to my mate.

I sprinted out of my office You and down the hallway just in time to see my mate being hit by one of my warriors that had not gone into the woods with my beta, Daniel. My father, who I had not informed I found my mate yet, was standing in front of them and making sure she didn't run. Meanwhile, my mate was curled into a ball, shaking terribly.

I let out a menacing, loud growl and sprinted towards them. My wolf was on the edge, battling me for control which I didn't give him. The warrior, Peter, froze mid swing at my mate and my father just stood wide eyed at me. I had never acted this way towards any rogue but this was not just a rogue. This was my mate.

I tackled Peter and punched him several hard times in the jaw. He knew better than to try and stop me when my wolf was near. My father had backed away from us so he wouldn't end up like Peter. My father or not, I still would've hurt him for hurting my mate. Her small body lay on the floor, visibly shaking, with her head tucked under her paws. At this point, my wolf, Alex, had control and he needed to make sure mate was okay.

We moved over to her slowly, crouched down and put my hand on her soft fur. She tensed but then relaxed and stopped shaking. She moved her head out of her paws and her eyes met mine. I could see a hint of trust in them. Alex gave me control back and then mate slowly stood up and slowly walked closer to me. She brushed herself up against me and placed her head on my lap. A gentle smile displayed across my face as I picked her up and held her, shoving my nose into her fur and inhaling her scent.

The sound of someone clearing their throat made me look up and I realized my father was still standing there.
"I'm guessing she's your mate?" He said looking a little amazed.
"Yes," I said looking down at her. She moved in my arms so that she could look at my father. She barked at him like she was saying hi. He laughed but then turned serious.

"Why hasn't she shifted out of her wolf form?" He asked.

"I don't know. She hasn't shifted at all since I found her and I can't exactly ask and get a response from her while she's in wolf form." I reply honestly. "I don't even know her name yet."

"Have you tried using your alpha tone? She'll be forced to shift and then you can talk to each other."

I let out a growl in the back of my throat. "She is my mate and future Luna! I will not force or disrespect her in such a way!"

"Well then it's up to you to decide what your gonna do. We can't have wolves running around the house especially when that wolf was and technically still is a rogue." My dad said and then turned and left.

SARAHS POV

He's right. I am still a rogue and this pack doesn't know me. They could kill me if they saw me without my mate watching me.

Mate lifted me up off the ground once the man who I assumed was his father left. The both had the same eyes, nose and sharp jawline. He carried me back into his room and placed me on his bed. He sat next to me and looked me in the eyes.

"Why won't you shift?" He said as he reached out to pet me. I let out a small whine at the question but leaned closer into his touch. He sighed. "I don't even know your name yet and I don't think you know mine either. I'm Cameron by the way but you can't tell me your name unless you shift back to human form."

I looked into my mate, Cameron's eyes. I saw the desperation that they held but I just couldn't shift. Not only did I not want to but I wasn't sure who I could trust once I was in human form. At least in wolf form I was able to fend for myself.(Well, for the most part.) Plus I've been missing out on this wolf form for so many years, I just don't want to leave it and for some reason not be able to go back to it.

As I was thinking, my stomach let out a loud rumble. I turned my head to look at my body and for one of the first times realized how bone thin I was. My ribs were protruding far out my fur and the rest of my body showed bones.

Cameron, hearing my stomach rumble, looked at me and seemed to remember how thin I was. "I think you need to eat," he said. "And I'm not giving you an option on that. You are way too thin. Let's head down to the kitchen." He stood up off of the bed and motioned for me to follow. I stood up, stretched a little and then jumped down off the bed. I moved over to Cameron who was now standing by the door and we headed downstairs.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
HEY GUYS!! Sorry I took so long to update but I've been really busy between school and a whole bunch of other stuff. I'll be trying my best to update as often as I can so just please be patient with me. I appreciate it. Thank you all so much for voting and reading and commenting!! I'd like to give a shoutout to Mustache987 for trying to help me update faster and get through my writers block. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! Ily😘 DONT FORGET TO VOTE, READ, COMMENT, SHARE AND FOLLOW!