Chapter 10

Cameron's pov

I lost her. I must've taken a wrong turn because I should've been right on her tail after leaving the pack house. I ran for what felt like hours with no luck. She was gone. My mate was gone. Whatever scents I picked up were quickly lost without a trace. It was like she simply vanished into thin air.

I shifted back into my human form and began to wander the woods. It's only been a day with my mate and I'm already screwing up. Maybe she'd be better without me. No she wouldn't!! My wolf screamed. We need mate!

I sighed. He was right. We need our mate and she needs us too. We may not have known each other for very long but I could already tell I would love her. I just wish she would shift so I could see her human form.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard running water. I looked around and through the trees in a small clearing was a lake with a waterfall. I wove through the trees until I came out in the clearing. I sat down at the lakes edge and looked around. The waterfall was beautiful. It flowed from a mountain of rocks at least 20 feet in the air and cascaded down into the lake at the base. I wondered how I had never noticed this place on my territory.

I stayed at the falls for at least a half hour more just thinking until I decided to take a swim. I shifted into my wolf and decided to swim like that. As I was swimming, something touched my paw. As weird as that may sound coming from an alpha, but I'm scared of crap like that. After my mini panic attack, I stuck my head under the water to see what had spooked me. It
was just a little fishy, my wolf taunted. Ugh, you're so annoying sometimes!, I shot back at him.

I swam for a few minutes longer before I decided to go behind the waterfall. I had once read in a book that there could be caves behind waterfalls. As soon as I got behind the Great Wall of water, I knew the book had been correct. It wasn't too big but there was a nice cave embedded in the rocks.

Shifting back into my human form and hoisting myself up into the cave, I smelt something. It was a sweet scent and at first, I thought it was just my imagination but as I took in a few more large breaths of air, I knew it was real. In the back of the cave, a movement caught my eye. A small wolf curled up, sound asleep has been what I have been searching for. I had found my runaway mate.

I realized that she must've tried to mask her scent by getting in the water. It really did work, though not to my advantage. Shifting back into my wolf, I quietly padded up to her and laid down beside her. Knowing she was safe, I soon dozed off with dreams of us together.

Sarah's POV

I dreamt of a big black wolf.

I was running through the woods when suddenly he popped out from nowhere. I feared the worst but instead he did something I never expected. He showed me affection. He began cuddling me and kissing me. We play fought and he let me win. We laid together when we got tired and fell asleep together. I finally felt accepted.

When I woke up, I felt completely refreshed. Despite sleeping in a muggy little cave, I felt great. When I rolled over, I realized why; there slept my big black wolf aka my mate. I laid there stunned for a few seconds but soon realized I needed to get out of there.

I quietly stood up to leave but my wolf begged me to stay. She whined in my head as I walked to the edge of the cave as quiet as a church mouse. I slowly sunk my body into the water so I wouldn't make a splashing noise and paddled my way out from under the waterfall.

Once I got out from the lake, something tackled me. I looked up to see my big black wolf standing over me and looking down with big, sad blue eyes. He whined and stepped off of me. He laid down next to where I was sprawled out and nudged me with his nose, licked my head, fur, face and then laid his head on top of me.

I knew what he was doing. It was the equivalent to him in his human form, down on his knees, begging me not to leave. On impulse, I moved closer to him and laid my head next to his. It was a sign of acceptance.

Cameron looked into my eyes and stood up. I did the same. He laid his front half of his body on the ground and stuck his back half in the air. He wanted to play. I copied his stance and and lunged at me. I quickly dodged him and ran, making this a game of chase.

I ran as fast as I could but was still not able to out run my mate. Probably because I was still skin and bones. Cam caught up to me and pounced. I landed on the floor and he sat on top of me. He began licking my snout and I wiggled my way out from under him.

Once I was free, I barked at him and play bowed once more. This time he ran and I chased him. Granted that he was still faster than me, he left me in the dust. I realized I was in front of the pack house so I decided to lay down in the shade of the house until Cameron returned.

As I waited, a few wolves walked out of the house and gave me curious looks. I didn't know what to do so I stayed put and wagged my tail. They walked away and didn't spare me a second glance.

I was the only one around until a little girl no older than 3 came running out of the woods. A few seconds later a big brown wolf came running out of the forest, chasing after the girl. I could tell immediately he was not part of this pack, meaning he was a rogue.

He caught up to the little girl who had tripped and fallen only moments before he came out of the woods. He stood over her and began growling. The girl's face held an unnatural amount of fear and began to cry. That's when I knew she was in danger.

My maternal instincts must have kicked in or something because my mind went into overdrive. I stood up and barreled my way towards them. I rammed my body into the male wolf and surprisingly knocked him off balance. I stood protectively in front of the little girl and growled at him. It was the most vicious and feral growl I had ever let out so I knew my wolf had to be close to the surface. I knew she felt protective over the girl too.

Just as the man began to regain his stature and growl back, Cameron came sprinting past me and tackled the rogue. They snapped at each other as they fought until a few more men from Cameron's pack heard the ruckus, came out and shifted to help him. The three men plus Cameron surrounded the rogue, snarling, and trapped him.

"SHIFT!!" Cameron commanded the rogue using his alpha tone. The man obeyed and I growled when the little girl began to cry again. All the men shifted back as well and Cameron commanded that they take this rogue to the cells for questioning.

Once the man was gone, I turned around to the sniffling little girl behind me. I checked her over for any wounds but she was ok. I licked her cheek and she giggled. I heard someone approach me from behind so I whipped around to face them and growled.

Cameron took a step back and stared at me. He was now in human form and fully clothed. I stopped growling once I knew it was him and turned my head to look at the girl who was now playing with my tail. Cam reached over to pet my head and looked at the little girl.
"What happened?" He whispered.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Hello readers! Thank you so much for your patience while I updated this. So what do you think? Leave your opinions in the comments and give me some ideas on what should happen next. DONT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, READ, SHARE AND FOLLOW!! Love you guys and thanks for all the support and reads! I never thought I'd get so many fans!