The Karate Kid: Paint the Fence

AN: I'm using AnnaLyne McCord as my face claim for my OC Jessie.

AN2: I... did not realize just how long it's been since I last updated this story. For that I am sorry. My muse kind of ran away from me to other stories. But I've finally just watched season 3 and 4 of Cobra Kai and my muse has returned!!!

The difference a sister can make

Chapter Eleven: The Karate Kid: Paint the fence

~(^.^)~

The Next Morning

Miyagi's House

Daniel had showed up at Jessie's house on his bike super early the next morning. Jessie was still half asleep for most of the bike ride over to Mr. Miyagi's house. When they got to Mr. Miyagi's house they found him sitting in front of a low table on the floor with a pair of chopsticks in his hand. He was snapping at a fly with the chopsticks. Daniel and Jessie sat down on the floor and watched Mr. Miyagi for a moment.

"Wouldn't a fly swatter be easier?" Daniel asked suddenly.

"Man, who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything," Mr. Miyagi replied, snapping at the air again.

"Ever catch one?" Daniel questioned.

"Not'a yet," Mr. Miyagi answered.

"Can I try?" Daniel asked.

"If wish," Mr. Miyagi replied, his eyes following the fly as it flew around him.

Daniel picked up a pair of chopsticks off the table, snapping them a couple of times, then started looking around for the fly. He snapped at the air a couple times. Jessie could hear the fly buzzing as it flew around the table. And then suddenly Daniel lashed out with the chopsticks and the buzzing stopped. Jessie stared wide eyed at the fly in between the chopsticks in Daniel's hand, shocked that he'd actually managed to catch a fly with a pair of chopsticks.

"Hey, look at that, huh? Not bad for a kid from Newark," Daniel exclaimed excitedly.

"You beginner's luck," Mr. Miyagi muttered, dropping his chopsticks on the table.

He stood up and walked outside, and Jessie couldn't help but giggle slightly. It was obvious Mr. Miyagi was a little bit miffed that Daniel had caught the fly so quickly and easily. Daniel glanced back out the door to Mr. Miyagi then glanced at Jessie. He smiled for a second, then pretended to pick up an imaginary phone.

"Yes, sir. Ah, yes sir. He's right here. Alright, sir," Daniel hung up his imaginary phone and looked down at the fly in his chopsticks, "Okay, you are in luck. That was the Governor. You got a reprieve."

Jessie giggled and stood up with Daniel and followed him out into the yard.

"Now, go on, no more in the house," Daniel ordered, letting the fly go.

Jessie giggled once more, and Daniel shot me a big smile. The two of them wandered to the back yard where they could hear Mr. Miyagi moving around.

"Hey, Mister Miyagi. Does that mean I can accomplish anything?" Daniel asked.

Mr. Miyagi had pulled out several cans of paint and had begun opening them.

"Yes. But first paint the fence," Mr. Miyagi stated, slapping a paint brush in both our hands.

Jessie sighed, already knowing what was coming.

"Up... down... up... down... all in wrist," Mr. Miyagi explained, pulling Daniel's arm up and down along the fence.