The Karate Kid: Paint the House

Disclaimer: I do not own Karate Kid or any of its characters. The only thing I own is my OC, Jessie.

AN: I'm using AnnaLyne McCord as my face claim for my OC Jessie.

~(^.^)~

The difference a sister can make

Chapter Twelve: Paint the house

~(^.^)~

The next morning came way too early for Jessie's liking. Every muscle in her body hurt. But she got up anyway, took a shower, got dressed, and headed outside to wait on her front porch for Daniel to show up. She only sat outside for maybe ten minutes before he showed up on his bike. It didn't take long for them to reach Mr. Miyagi's place. When they got there all the lights were turned off, and the doors were closed. There were paint cans, paint brushes, tarps, and a ladder laid out by the front door. And on the front door was a note. Daniel pulled the note off the door and Jessie leaned over his shoulder, her chin resting on his shoulder, so she could read the note alongside him.

"Paint the house. No up and down. Side, side. One half left hand, one half right hand."

Jessie sighed in annoyance, and buried her head in the back of Daniel's shoulder for a second. She so did not want to paint this house!

'How does this even have anything to do with Karate?' Jessie wondered.

Daniel scowled, crumpled the note up and threw it to the ground.

"Damnit, I can't believe this!" He exclaimed, kicking the tarp off the top of the closest can of paint in frustration.

"We best get started if we want to get finished anytime soon," Jessie grumbled, picking up a paint brush.

Daniel sighed and pulled open one of the paint cans. The two of them started painting the house the way the note said to for the rest of the day. By the end of the day, both kids shoulders and necks hurt from painting so much. They were almost finished with the house when Mr. Miyagi came come. He was whistling happily, and carrying a full string of freshly caught fish.

"You miss spot," Mr. Miyagi stated, staring at a spot on the house that had already been painted.

Both Daniel and Jessie stopped mid-stroke. They looked at each other for a second with wide annoyed eyes, then down at Mr. Miyagi.

"What spot! Hey, hey, why didn't you tell us you were going fishing?" Daniel demanded, stepping down off the ladder he was on.

"You not here when I go," Mr. Miyagi replied.

"Maybe we would have liked to have gone. Ever think of that?" Daniel questioned.

"You karate training," Mr. Miyagi stated, moving towards the backyard.

"We're what?! We're being your goddamn slaves is what we're doing! We made a deal!" Daniel shouted, following Mr. Miyagi towards the backyard, pulling Jessie along with him.

Jessie cringed at the way he was yelling at Mr. Miyagi, but couldn't help but agree with him. She felt like Mr. Miyagi was just using them to do chores around his house instead of teaching them karate like he said he would.

"So?" Mr. Miyagi asked.

"So, you're supposed to teach, and we're supposed to learn. Remember. For four days we've been busting our asses and we haven't learned a goddamn thing," Daniel stated.

"Learn plenty," Mr. Miyagi stated.

"Yeah we learned plenty, how to sand your deck, how to wax your car, how paint your house," Daniel ranted.