The Karate Kid: The Halloween Dance

AN: I'm using AnnaLyne McCord as my face claim for my OC Jessie.

~(^.^)~

The difference a sister can make

Chapter Six: The Halloween Dance

~(^.^)~

Six weeks later, Halloween night

Jessie groaned as her mom applied white eyeshadow to her eyelids.

"Mom! Come on, I'm gonna miss the dance at this rate!" Jessie complained.

The woman scoffed and shook her head.

"Don't be dramatic Jessie, the dance doesn't start for another 30 minutes. Besides I'm all done," Laura stated, putting down the eyeshadow pallet.

"Finally, feels like I've been sitting her forever!" Jessie groused, standing up.

"Oh hush, now take a look at my masterpiece," Laura ordered, pulling Jessie to the mirror in the corner of the room.

Jessie stared at her reflection in awe. Her mom had forced her to dress up as an angel for the school Halloween dance. At first she didn't want to, but her mom was persistent. And now she was starting to like it. She looked pretty damn good! The white dress she wore came down just below her knees and had long flowy white sleeves, and she had on a pair of white ballet flats. A pair of small fluffy white angel wings rested between her shoulder blades.

Her mom had braided the sides of her hair back away from her face. What was left down had been feathered slightly, and little white flowers had been woven throughout her hair. A small plastic gold halo had been set on top of her head, completing the angel look.

Her mom hadn't put to much makeup on her. A little bit of blush, a small amount of white eyeshadow. A thin line of eyeliner, and light pink lipstick. But it was enough to make her look even prettier than she usually did.

"Thanks mom," Jessie gushed, turning and hugging her mom.

"You're welcome sweetie. Have fun tonight," Laura whispered, kissing the side of Jessie's head.

"I will," Jessie replied, rushing out of her room.

"And Johnny's taking you tonight!" Laura shouted after her.

Jessie paused for a moment and groaned. Her and Johnny hadn't really spoken the past couple weeks. Not since she'd dumped milk on his head at lunch. Johnny had tried to make it up to her. He bought her a bouquet of her favorite flowers, Azaleas, and had apologized to her. She appreciated the thought, and that he was trying to make it up to her. But she'd told him it wasn't her he needed to apologize to, and he absolutely refused to apologize to Daniel. And she had nothing to say to him until he did.

She missed hanging out with her twin. But she wasn't going to just let him get away with being mean to her friend. She wasn't going to let him get away with being a jerk to people.

Jessie sighed, and made her way over to her brother's room. She knocked on the door, and after a moment it opened to reveal her brother dressed as a skeleton.

"Mom says your taking me to the dance," Jessie stated.

Johnny nodded his head at this. He disappeared into his room for a moment, then reappeared with his Walkman in hand. The two were silent the whole ride to the dance. The second they pulled up to the school Jessie took off inside. It didn't take her long to find Ali and the rest of her friends.

"Hey Jessie, wow you look gorgeous!" Susan exclaimed, smiling at her.

Jessie blushed at her friends compliment. The girls all hung out, dancing and talking, and just having a great time. On several occasions the group of girls ran into the group of skeletons, but each group just ignored each other.