Chapter fifty-nine - Shopping

Eleanor's POV

"So why didn't he tell me?" Tri was baffled.

We were being driven to Rodeo Drive to start our shopping for Astrid. She had no idea of what was going on. Zayn had just told her about the ball that we were having the next day.

"Maybe because he thought that you wouldn't want to come if he told you" Sophia explained and Astrid moved her head.

"Why wouldn't I want to come? Have you seen him? He's perfect!" She said and we laughed.

"You certainly are in love" I pronounced and Astrid smiled.

"Yes she is" Soph made a weird voice and we both looked at her and laughed.

"Anyways" I spoke "We'll have to get you something nice to wear"

"Yeah and I'll pay" She exclaimed.

"Zayn told me not to let you pay by any mean. Be gentle, he's trying to treat you. That's the thing about guys, they want to show you they care, and sometimes even show dominance over other males. He wants to buy you the dress, so he can say that you're his"

"Well, that's...sweet?" Tri made a weird face.

"Guys are weird, Tri" I told her "And we haven't even started with Lou, he's another case" We laughed, "So, you have any idea of what you want to wear?"

"Not really. I'm all yours, you choose." She declared and Soph and I looked at each other in sign of complicity.

"Okay" Sophia started "I was thinking as it is your first public appearance with the Malik boy, you have to shine. Not that you don't shine already, darling, but you have to stand out" I understood where Sophia was going with this.

"How about a nice red dress?" I proposed and Sophia nodded.

"Exactly. That's what I was thinking of. Also, some nude heels from Jimmy Choo, so that the contrast is made with the red sole."

"I get your point" I high fived Soph "What do you think, Tri?"

"I think that whatever you think it's right will fit me. I have never been to any of these events, so yeah"

"We'll make you look stunning, don't worry, love" I told Tri and we all smiled.

***

We had just arrived to Rodeo Drive. Dolce & Gabbana was our first stop.

"Does it have to be a long dress, as in the Oscars?" Astrid asked as we entered the store and Soph and I chuckled.

"No, babe, it has to be a cocktail dress" I explained her and she nodded.

She was nervous, it was obvious. She had never been in an occasion like this.

"The first time I went to a place like this with Lou was back in 2010. I was nervous as hell, but he told me that no matter what happened, I still would be his star" I confessed "I know that it sucks and that you're really nervous, but in the end; you've got your boy, and he's madly in love with you. And that's what counts, right?" Astrid nodded and I hugged her.

Aww, little thingy. I wish that I could take her nerves away.

"No, listen. My first public appearance with Liam was back in 2013. The fans used to hate me and send me hate mail, but as soon as they saw how I looked at Liam, they started shipping us."

I rolled eyes. The fans didn't like me much, but I loved Lou and that's all that mattered.

"It's gonna be okay, Tri" I pronounced and we all three joined in a hug.