Chapter sixty-four - I'll be there for you

I'll be there for you

These five words I swear to you

When you breathe I wanna be the air for you

I'll be there for you

Zayn's POV

"Okay babe, come here." I told Astrid who was now tidying my room "it doesn't need to be organized. I can survive with a dirty room, but I can't survive without you" I sounded the cheesiest that I could, causing her to giggle and to join me in my bed.

"Today was amazing." She said once I was hugging her.

"Yes it was" I smiled "But only because you were there"

"I bet that anyone could have made it be pretty awesome." She stated and I rolled my eyes.

"Nope" I kissed the back of her head and she chuckled.  I could feel her soft hair on my face and it made me smile. I could tell that she was smiling, even though I couldn't see her face. I felt it coming, but this time it didn't come like vomit. It came beautifully, like a soft, perfect love story. I needed to let it out. While I was considering whether to say it or not, my tongue worked before my brain could decide. "Hell, Astrid, I love you".

And then it started.

She moved without being able to control her body. She started getting off the hug rudely, as if she wanted to get off it, and she wanted to get off it now.

I had fucked it up.

"What's wrong?" I asked naively, although I already knew the answer.

"Let me go" she almost screamed, making me let go off the hug. She proceeded to get out of the bed and sit on the edge.

"What happened?" I asked and sat next to her.

"Nothing, Zayn" she responded annoyed. I could feel her tears coming out.

What the fuck had I done wrong?

"But I think that it's better if I go to my room now" she said to which she stood up.

"No, love, stay" I plead but she didn't obey. Instead, she opened the door and without turning around pronounced.

"Please don't follow me, I'll see you tomorrow"

"Okay" I said sadly and grabbed her hand "I'll pick you up at eight, okay?" I asked to which she nodded. "Night babe" I tried to kiss her cheek, but she quickly looked at the ground.

"Night, Zayn"

Sophia's POV

The LA gala had been amazing. We had had fun and also raised a lot of money for charity. We got to the hotel early, but everyone seemed to be tired, so each of them went to their respective rooms. Li and I weren't as tired, so we had chilled in the pool for a while. When we were going to our room, a heartbreaking scene faced us. Tri was running out of Zayn's room. As soon as she closed the door, she broke up in tears.