Chapter Six

"Clan meeting!" Firestar called out. "All cats who are old enough to catch their own prey get their arses beneath the rock!"

This time, Golden was no longer shy. Leaping up onto the rock beside Firestar, she stared down at the clutter of cats below. Her heart was tingling with excitement, she had never before imagined herself of one of Thunderclan's, would this be her new life now?

"As I'm sure by now all of you know, a few moons ago I welcomed Golden to our clan, in which she has proven to be a beneficial and optimistic warrior and a great new addition. I am proud to announce that me and Golden are now officially mates, and together we shall rule Thunderclan above all else in the forest." Firestar paused, staring back at Golden unblinkingly. "Golden, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the extent of your life?"

Golden puffed out her chest. "I do."

"Then by the power of Starclan, I give you your new warrior name. Golden, from this moment on you will be known as Goldeneyes, Starclan welcomes your fighting skills and courage, and we welcome you as a brand new Thunderclan Warrior!"

Goldeneyes was a little unsure of her name at first. Eyes? I guess it fits. She couldn't help but notice how disinterested or unsure Firestar looked when naming her. Maybe he's just anxious or was worried if I'd like my new name or not. Goldeneyes pondered. Still, she greatly appreciated the cats that did cheer her on, even if Darkstripe, Longtail, Dustpelt, and Sandstorm looked hesitant or begrudged doing so.

Goldeneyes leaped down from the rock, touching noses with Firestar. "Thank you," he said.

Goldeneyes smiled. "You're welcome, Firestar. But what did you mean by us ruling above all else in Thunderclan? I didn't quite get that part."

Firestar gave her a thoughtful glance. "Oh, I suppose I got ahead of myself there. What I meant was you and I could improve our clan as well as others, we can set ourselves as a role model to others. Us, the noble and humble Thunderclan!"

Goldeneyes twitched her ear, a little unsure of Firestar's grand idea. "Uhm, oh, okay. Cool, that's cool."

Firestar licked her cheek, leaving Goldeneye to stare a little uncertain. What priority was being the leading female anyways? She had always just assumed she was just supposed to stand as a second deputy, not a second leader. Would she have to gain 9 lives? She shivered, but trusted Firestar enough. For as long as she knew him he kept his word and was loyal and caring, he wouldn't pull her into a wrongful position, she knew. She would just change the topic.

"Oh! Hey Firestar, I forgot to ask you this morning, would you like to go on patrol together? You know, just you and me?"

"Ya." Firestar said because he knew!! ;)

As the two cats escaped into the gorse tunnel, Goldeneyes hissed as yet another thorn pricked her pelt. "We really shouldn't put thorns up against the entrance, it tangles my fur everytime!"

"They are there for protection, incase of a surprise attack. You aren't the first to complain about them, but as of now I don't have any intentions of removing it. Lately we've been in hot water with some of the other cats, outsiders and residents of the forest." Firestar fell silent, not wanting to say anymore.

As Goldeneyes re-entered the forest, she felt the grass crunch underneath her paws. As she tilted her head to admire the trees, Firestar tackled her. Leading the two to play-fight together until they were tired.

"You get me every time!" Goldeneyes mrrowed, a glint of humor in her eyes. "Looks like some cat needs to do some more battle training." Firestar smirked. Once again he had wrestled her to the ground, and Goldeneyes had lost the wrestle, being pinned in a matter of heartbeats. Goldeneyes sat up, batting her mate on the nose before the two sat down next to each other. The last Goldeneyes remembered sitting this close to Firestar was when they stargazed, it felt nice to be close to his fur again.

"Let's go into that bush over there for some private time ;))!!!" Goldeneyes said sensually.

"Okaye." Firestar said.

I'll finish this chapter later it's boring guys