Chapter Forty-Eight

November 25th, 2020
Day Before Thanksgiving
Southampton, NY
Prentiss Manor

It's the morning before Thanksgiving and I'm up cleaning the house and getting the guest rooms ready for the team and our families. Emily and Athena are still sleeping upstairs. I'm so excited to see the team and for them to meet the newest addition to our family.

They were flying in and should be here around lunch time. As I was cleaning the living room Mark walked through the door.

"Hey Mark, what's up?"

"Hey JJ, is Emily awake yet?"

"No, she's upstairs with Athena sleeping, what's up though?" We sit down on the couch.

"I know it's last minute but I was wondering if I could have the rest of the week off? My mom is in town and wants to spend Thanksgiving together"

"Of course Mark! We wouldn't stop you from spending time with your family, go and have fun okay? Also, I have something for you" I got up and went to Emily's office grabbing something from here safe. I came back with a thick envelope.

"She was going to give this to you after the holidays but since you're gonna be off.." He took it and opened it. His eyes widen.

"I can't accept this.." he tried to hand it back.

"No no no. This is your yearly bonus but early. Take it, go have fun with your family and be normal. Don't be the big bad guy you play with us" I winked at him laughing. We stood up and walked back over to the door.

"Thank you JJ seriously, tell Emily to call me once she wakes up though I still need to talk to her"

"Okay I will. Happy Holidays Mark"

"You too JJ" he pulled me into a hug and dropped a kiss to my head before leaving.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

After finally getting the house cleaned I head upstairs to get Emily and Athena up. They're still sound asleep in the middle of the bed but Athena is now on Emily's chest. I smile and climb on the bed laying beside them.

"Baby.." I say quietly into Emily's ear. She moves a little turning her head towards me. I lean down and press a kiss against her lips.

"Another one" she husks out, I roll my eyes and kiss her again letting my lips linger. "Mm good morning beautiful"

"Good morning baby, get enough sleep?" I sit up against the headboard grabbing Athena so I could nurse her.

"Yeah I did. She only woke up once with a dirty diaper while you were cleaning. But she went right back to sleep" she scoots closer to me and wraps an arm around my waist as her face buries in my side. She's such a big baby.

"You gotta get up and shower everyone will be here soon" I say running my fingers through her hair.

"I know but I wanna spend time with you"

"Emily you always spend time with me"

"I know but I love you"

"Haha I love you too baby but go shower and we can cuddle once you get out"

"Ugh fine" I laugh as she gets up and goes into the bathroom to shower and get ready. I finish feeding Athena then get up heading to her room so I can get her ready. After she's dressed I got back to our room laying her in her bedside bassinet. I go into the bathroom with Emily and strip getting into the shower, we can still see Athena from where we are.

"Hey beautiful" Emily says placing a kiss against my lips.

"Hi" I turn around and she starts washing my back and lays a few kisses against my neck. We finish our shower 10 minutes later and get out going into the bedroom to get dressed.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

The sound of the doorbell is what finally got us downstairs. The team had finally arrived. I ran over to the door throwing it open.

"Pen!" We pulled each other into a hug.

"Oh JJ! I've missed you!" We pulled away from each other so I could hug everyone else as they came through the door. We all ended up in the conversation pit we just got done getting ready. I've been in love with the concept for a while.

"So, how are things going with a baby in the house?" Tara asked. Emily had Athena resting against her chest as she slept.

"It's absolutely amazing. She hardly cries, Emily has her wrapped around her finger. I swear she has more clothes than I ever will" they all laughed.

"She's absolutely beautiful that's for sure" Derek said from his spot beside Emily. I looked over at Athena smiling.

"She's a mini Emily with her jet black hair"

"Speaking of, how are you liking the little one?"

"Oh I'm loving every second of it. She's a dream come true, she's everything I never knew I needed. She makes me a softie and she's not even a month old."

"I know how you feel. When Jack was born it felt like my life was complete, he is my lifeline" Hotch said as he stared down at Jack who was asleep in his lap now.

"I'm so ready for my child-" Derek started to say but stopped. We all looked at him and Garcia was sitting there with a red face.

"Excuse me?" I said looking between the two.

"I meant to say that I can't wait until I get to do that later on down the line"

"No, you said and I quote, "I'm so ready for my child-" then you stopped. That basically implies that Garcia is pregnant with your child?" Spence said.

"Uh.. We wanted to wait until tomorrow but"

"BUT WHAT?"

"I'm pregnant!!" Garcia said. I sat there shocked before getting up pulling her into a hug.

"OH MY GOD!"

"That's amazing you guys!" Emily said hugging them as well.

"I hope it's a girl so Athena and her can match. Oh, I have to show you girls her room!"

"Oh yes, please!" I grabbed Athena from Emily and left along with Garcia, Tara, Beth, Max, and Krystal to Athena's room.

...

"Oh Jayje.. I love it"

"Thank you, this was the 3rd choice and I honestly still want to change it" I sit down in the rocking chair.

"Oh no you have to keep this one, I love it" we spent the next few hours in Athena's room catching up on all the latest gossip and questioning Tara about her relationship with Ashley and why she didn't bring her.

Tomorrow is going to be even better when my parents get here.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Just a quick chapter before Thanksgiving day!

Derek & Penelope are finally becoming parents!

Any thing else you guys what like from our beautiful couple before I end this book?

Maybe 50 chapters will be the end.. Let me know any suggestions you have!

Love you babies 💖💖😘