TWENTY ONE ; RESTLESS

New title and sign off gifs by belovass !

¤¤¤

Leaving the walls of Mirkwood was easy enough; Maethor had called the guards off. But it wasn't as if any guards would stop the Prince from leaving, it was really only the matter of their departure being reported back to the King. Thranduil couldn't know they left.

Having lost a considerable amount of time gathering weapons in the armory, it took longer than anticipated for Magauna to trace Tauriel's trail.

The She-Elf had been following the river, seemingly tailing the Orcs that had attacked them hours earlier.

Finally after a long while of speeding through the grey trees of the forest, the two Elves came upon a clearing. The ground morphed from soil to stone, where on the edge of a drop leading to the river was a natural platform of weathered rock. It might have been a delightful place to spend time at, if not for the pooling blood and deer carcasses littering the stone like leaves in the Autumn. The Orcs had been here, and they had been the ones to killed the deer. Their scent still lingered; they couldn't have been there not two hours ago, they could even be there then, hiding in the trees.

Because of this reasoning, Magauna and Legolas stayed behind the treeline, hidden in the shrubbery. There was movement out on the rocks. There was light, delicate footsteps, too light to an Orcs, and too heavy to be a Dwarf. An Elf was out there, no doubt of it, but whether they were friend or foe, it couldn't be deduced.

Yet before Magauna could stop him, Legolas left the cover of the trees. Hurriedly, Magauna followed him.

The two of them learned that there was in fact an Elf there. Her back was turned to them, but within seconds the red-headed She-Elf, Tauriel, whipped around and came to a crouch with an arrow nocked to her bow. Legolas and Magauna were quick to do the very same, their arrows pointed at Tauriel, yet not to be threatening.

Tauriel's face softened. "Ingannen le Orch." She spoke. (I thought you were an Orc.)

"Cí Orch im, dangen le." Legolas responded. Both he and Tauriel lowered their bows, and Magauna followed their example a moment later with slight hesitation. "Tauriel, you cannot hunt thirty Orcs on your own." (If I were an Orc, you would be dead.)

"But I'm not on my own." Said Tauriel.

Legolas smiled slightly. "You knew I would come."

Tauriel smiled back. "I knew she would come." Her eyes flickered to where Magauna stood behind Legolas. "Imprisoned or not, it is clear she bears great loyalty to the Dwarves these Orcs hunt. No bars would stop her from coming."

Legolas glanced back at Magauna, who smiled awkwardly. Legolas turned back to Tauriel. "The King is angry, Tauriel. For six hundred years, my father has protected you, favored you. You deified his orders. You betrayed his trust. Dandolo na nin...e gohenatha." (Come back with me...he will forgive you.)