01: Back From the Dead

"You're a free man, Malik. Don't do anything to fuck it up."

Zayn smirks as he fixes his white dress shirt, putting the collar down. "I'll try not to," he says smoothly, the lie rolling off his tongue.

The guard rolls his eyes. "Just get out of my sight," he tells the raven haired boy. He hits a button and a door opens, allowing Zayn to exit.

Zayn smirks, waving goodbye before he leaves. Another guard meets him on the other side of the door, escorting him down a long hallway. The hallways ends and Zayn opens the door to daylight. He smiles, nodding at the man before waking off and towards the gate.

Freedom. Sweet, sweet freedom.

A curly haired boy leans on the driver's side door with a smirk on his face. "What's up prick?" He asks, chuckling to himself. "How's the slammer? Has it changed since I've been? Did they redecorate?" He asks cheekily.

Zayn smirks and shakes the boy's hand. "Still the same way you left it, Harry," he tells him.

Harry chuckles. "Do they still talk about me? I left quite an impression," he says as he unlocks the doors.

Zayn walks around the car, laughing at his friend, ignoring the question. He opens the door and swiftly sits down in the passenger's seat. As soon as he sits down, Harry pulls out of the parking lot.

He makes a right at the light as Zayn starts to fiddle with the radio. He puts on a radio station and sits back in his seat, staring out the window.

A sudden thought pops into his head. He turns to Harry, who is focused on the road. "How is she?" He asks.

Harry looks over at him for a second then looks back at the road. His grip subconsciously tightens on the wheel. "She's alright," he mumbles.

Zayn catches something off about his tone. "Why do you say it like that?" He asks, eyeing his friend.

"Nothing. She's just suppose to be living with her father now, that's all."

Zayn's eyes widen. "Her father? The son of a bitch who tried to fucking kill her?" God only knows why she would want to live with that bastard. He never did anything for her. He belonged in a jail cell, rotting away to nothing.

"It's all for money," he tells him.

"Money? What money?" Zayn asks frantically.

Harry shrugs, stopping at a red light. "From what I've heard, it's something to do about uni and not being able to pay the bills."

"What about her mom? What about Andy? Doesn't he have a job? Or money? Why can't he pay for it?"

Zayn's mind starts to race of all the things that couple happen between her and her father behind closed doors. He could get away with murder if he wanted to. The thought scares Zayn. Although he hasn't seen her in forever, the thought of her alone with that man makes his blood boil. Nobody was to lay a finger onhis girl.

"I don't know. It all happened so fast. I tried to find out, but he's being really secretive about it. His patrol officer knows; that's all I know. I really did try. I even asked her friends. They know nothing," Harry rushes.

The last thing he wants to do is make Zayn mad. He's seen his temper and it's not very light. Zayn isn't understanding when he's mad. He doesn't have a caring bone in his body when he's aggravated.

Zayn rolls his eyes. "Whatever. I'll find out what's going on before I go to see her."

Harry sighs and focuses on the road. He doesn't bother fighting with him. It would be pointless. "So where do you want to go?" He asks.