chapter 5

Lapis's Pov

we had come to Montauk again this year as my mum thought it would get me to make a lot more friends as I did with thalia since I had a pretty hard time doing so in school, we found out thalia lives only a few blocks away from us but simply goes to a different school.

it was midday and mom and I had just made a giant batch of blue cookies, and I thought this was the best time to make my parents aware of my eidetic memory. I had built a makeshift greek style hearth in the back of our cabin and had started a ritual burn in it, this drew my mom's attention so she came out of the cabin and asked me what I was doing.

I looked up at her and saw that she was already nervous, I smiled at her and said:" I thought daddy and big brother triton would like to try the cookies as well so I searched up how to send him some stuff end did it, all I have to do now is think of sending them to him with a massage and then I have to through them in the fire".

mum looked shocked for a second before putting on a fake smile and saying:" and where did you get that silly idea from love, I already said your dad was lost at sea and likely to not return, how would he be able to get them. plus you don't even have a brother, let alone one named triton".

me:" well I remember when I was a baby that you called dad Poseidon, and I remembered from the book you read to me before I go to sleep that Poseidon is the name of a Greek god, so I put two and two together end found out that my dad was really THE Poseidon himself when I tried talking to a fish and it responded and called me little princess, I also found out that his only full godchild is triton and so he's my half brother". (ignore the other children he had with Amphitrite and any other god he may have filled the plumbing of)

mum:" that's some wild imagination you got their lapis, it's impossible for you to remember something like that" mom said. she looked like she was sweating bullets.

me:" don't lie to me mum, I have an eidetic memory so it most definitely isn't, now, are you going to join me in the ritual or am I playing with fire on my own.

mum:" hun, you know that triton has never ever liked his siblings"

me:" yes but they were all boys, and egotistical. so I might have a good chance at getting a place in his good books by showing him that I'm nothing like them.

mum sighed and said she'd join giving up on trying to hide my father's identity and not even questioning the new information she got about her daughter.

I went inside and grabbed a handful of the cookies, then I put them in two watertight baggies splitting them equally. the watertight baggies are to make sure that if eighter of them is in Atlantis that the cookies would not get soggy and break.

I went back outside and began the ritual, I sent the first to dad, the message I was sending with both was simple as I didn't know what to say to them:" I hope you enjoy these freshly baked cookies- lapis Perseus Jackson". this was the best option as it didn't sound rude but also wasn't all that formal.

when I put the cookies in the scent of salty water started circling us, it couldn't have been from the sea that was nearby as we were too far from it to be able to smell it. so it must have been dad, the water from said sea started reaching out to me and when it finally got to me put a very rare looking seashell near my feet, I picked it up and thanked dad hole heartedly knowing it was him who was doing that.

after the sent of the water disappeared again I started with the second one, doing the same as id did with dad but switching out his name for tritons in the ritual. when he received it I could tell he was somewhat in shock making me giggle. what I didn't expect however is that only a few minutes after the cookies were given out that a 6 hoot 3 dudes who looked almost identical to me popped out of the water and walked straight up to mum and me.